Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Sanka Samaranayke <ss...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/01 05:38:35 UTC

Re: Calling blocking/non-blocking services from Ruby, Perl, and Python

Thilina Gunarathne wrote:
> There are some work happening in the Axis2/C[1] side regarding
> these(Ruby, Perl and Python)..
>
> Try pinging them... They'll have much better answers...
>
> Thanks,
> ~Thilina
>
> [1]http://ws.apache.org/axis2/c/
>
> On 11/22/06, Kevin O'Malley <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm new to Axis2 and have a general question before jumping in.
>>
>> I'd like to implement blocking and non-blocking (callback/poll)
>> services and talk to them in different languages (Java, Ruby, Perl,
>> and Python). I have not dug deeply into the Axis2 documentation, but
>> from what I've read, you can do this using the Axis2 Client API.

Yes.

Axis2 Client API allows you to decide whether you want to wait until you
get the response or you want to get notified by the Axis2 runtime when
it receives the response.

On the other hand blocking, non blocking method invocation at the
server side
concerns the server performance and it is independent to the client.

>> Is it
>> also possible to perform blocking and non-blocking interactions in
>> other languages as well? If so, does anyone have a simple example of
>> how to do this?

Are you asking whether it is possible to write servers in other
languages that support
blocking, non blocking interactions?

Sanka

>> I did a cursory search through the archives but could not find
>> anything. Any suggestions or pointers to material would be greatly
>> appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks for your help.

- --
Sanka Samaranayake
WSO2 Inc.

http://sankas.blogspot.com/
http://www.wso2.net/

Re: Calling blocking/non-blocking services from Ruby, Perl, and Python

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.
Please try sending a mail to the Axis2/c list... They'll help you out
to find the details..

~Thilina

http://webservices.apache.org/~thilina/
http://thilinag.blogspot.com/

Re: Calling blocking/non-blocking services from Ruby, Perl, and Python

Posted by Franz Fehringer <fe...@isogmbh.de>.