Posted to user@river.apache.org by Greg Trasuk <tr...@stratuscom.com> on 2015/03/03 22:20:17 UTC

Re: Apache River hello world Success Run in Linux

According to the Java API docs, AbstractMethodError may be thrown if you try to run incompatible byte code.  In other words, compiled for one Java version (e.g. JDK8), and run on a different version of the JVM (e.g. JDK 7).  Is there any chance that your compile-time environment is different from your run-time environment?  Also check that if you are accessing the service remotely, that both the service and client are running under the same version of JVM.

Cheers,

Greg