Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by hammett <ha...@uol.com.br> on 2004/01/19 18:07:44 UTC

Re: Avalon# and Context

Hello again, (This time I'm CC dev@avalon) ;-)

> Of course only context stuff is not necessary for me,
> I'm interesting
> in whole implementation of Avalon in .Net.
> Today I've checkout latest
> sources from CVS sandbox. I see a lot of changes,
> so I'll need some
> time to dive in it.

Yes, I'm afraid the current container implementation is not
compiling anymore. The tasks are:

- Integrate to Meta project also in the Sandbox
- Try to support different IoC levels (and that would be very
easy to do case Meta Descriptors already define a MemberInfo
property) if avalon community thinks its the path.
- Update nant build scripts
- More tests and don't worrying about backward compatibility
*yet* :-P

> I'm really want to help, so I'm in boat :)
> At this moment I think that
> publishing on Avalon site and roadmap
> (about which you wrote in dev
> list) would be helpful for me and for others.

Sure, I'll work on that this week. :-)

> About Castle Container - is it second container instead of
> cscontainer?

Exactly, but 'a la carte' container inspired by Merlin using
the Meta/Repository/Composition package (these lasts are not
in the CVS yet) and supporting remoting management - should
we call it a enterprise type of container? Its a long term
development.

Any help will be welcome!

regards,
hammett