Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com> on 2009/02/06 21:39:11 UTC

Completed jobs not finishing, errors in jobtracker logs

I'm seeing some strange behavior on my cluster. Jobs will be done
(that is, all tasks completed), but the job will still be "running".
This state seems to persist for minutes, and is really killing my
throughput.

I'm seeing errors (warnings) in the jobtracker log that look like this:

2009-02-06 12:37:08,425 WARN /: /taskgraph?
type=reduce&jobid=job_200902061117_0012:
         at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.StatusHttpServer
$TaskGraphServlet.getReduceAvarageProgresses(StatusHttpServer.java:228)
         at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.StatusHttpServer
$TaskGraphServlet.doGet(StatusHttpServer.java:159)
         at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle
(ServletHolder.java:427)
         at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.dispatch
(WebApplicationHandler.java:475)
         at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle
(ServletHandler.java:567)
         at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1565)
         at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.handle
(WebApplicationContext.java:635)
         at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1517)
         at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.service
(HttpConnection.java:814)
         at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handleNext
(HttpConnection.java:981)
         at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle
(HttpConnection.java:831)
         at org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection
(SocketListener.java:244)
         at org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle
(ThreadedServer.java:357)
         at org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run
(ThreadPool.java:534)

I'm running hadoop-0.19.0. Any ideas?

-Bryan

Re: Completed jobs not finishing, errors in jobtracker logs

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@yahoo-inc.com>.
On Feb 6, 2009, at 12:39 PM, Bryan Duxbury wrote:

> I'm seeing some strange behavior on my cluster. Jobs will be done
> (that is, all tasks completed), but the job will still be "running".
> This state seems to persist for minutes, and is really killing my
> throughput.
>
> I'm seeing errors (warnings) in the jobtracker log that look like
> this:

Looks like a bug, can you please file a jira?

thanks,
Arun