Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by marlowa <an...@uk.bnpparibas.com> on 2013/09/10 11:29:53 UTC

Memory usage for the broker is more than the maximum available for the JVM

Hello,

I am using AMQCPP version 3.8.0. When I start the broker I get the error:

ERROR | Memory Usage for the Broker (1500 mb) is more than the maximum
available for the JVM: 1450 mb

The relevant JMS args are: -Xms1500M -Xmx1500M

I am amazed at the memory consumption is so large. Is this normal?

-----
Regards,

Andrew Marlow

Re: Memory usage for the broker is more than the maximum available for the JVM

Posted by marlowa <an...@uk.bnpparibas.com>.
<systemUsage>
    <systemUsage sendFailIfNoSpace="true">
        <memoryUsage>
            <memoryUsage limit="1450"/>
        </memoryUsage>
        <storeUsage>
            <storeUsage limit="10 gb"/>
        </storeUsage>
        <tempUsage>
            <tempUsage limit="10 gb"/>
        </tempUsage>
    </systemUsage>
</systemUsage>

I think I know why it is so big. I have quite a few queues and each one has
quite a capacity on it now. So it just all adds up. Maybe there isn't a
problem after all. By tweaking the JVM params slightly I got the broker to
come up and stay up.

-----

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
Post your config.

What's the value you use in
<systemUsage>
  <memoryUsage/>

?

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 2:29 AM, marlowa <an...@uk.bnpparibas.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using AMQCPP version 3.8.0. When I start the broker I get the error:
>
> ERROR | Memory Usage for the Broker (1500 mb) is more than the maximum
> available for the JVM: 1450 mb
>
> The relevant JMS args are: -Xms1500M -Xmx1500M
>
> I am amazed at the memory consumption is so large. Is this normal?
>

> -----
> Regards,
>
> Andrew Marlow

*Christian Posta*