Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by joe hobson <jo...@gmail.com> on 2004/09/28 08:24:40 UTC

db setup

I followed the Getting Started page and was able to get Jetspeed-2 to
build successfully, eventually. The documentation isn't too difficult
and you guys were helpful with glitches. Now on to the db setup. I
don't usually user HSQL because it just doesn't seem concrete enough
for me. But i went with the sample build.properties settings and tried
to use HSQL based on that. Of course that didn't work. i fixed the
jdbc.drivers.path to point at the jar file, but i'm not sure about the
user and password. If i don't do anything to setup HSQL beforehand,
will it even matter what is in for those properties? If i've used HSQL
before (with JBoss/Nukes) do i need to be able to remember what
credentials i used before?

To make it a little easier on me, does J2 support PostreSQL? that's
one i have setup okay and really like using. thanks in advance for
your help. ... .joe

Re: db setup

Posted by joe hobson <jo...@gmail.com>.
I'll try out PostgreSQL tonight (hopefully) and report back. Thanks
for going thru the effort to make this happen. I will see if i can
return the favor with future development. ... .joe

Re: db setup

Posted by "Scott T. Weaver" <sc...@binary-designs.net>.
Joe,

Re: db setup