Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Imam Indra Prayudi <im...@meruvian.org> on 2007/10/04 03:55:46 UTC

Upgrade to Roller 4.0: Cannot Login

We have an existing installation of Roller 3.0 and would like to upgrade
it to Roller 4.0 (rc3).

I backup the database, created the file roller-custom.properties, copied
the necessary jars, create and deploy the roller war using Tomcat
Manager.

The upgrade process went well, the database got upgraded, and I can
access the roller homepage. But, when I tried to login, it always failed
even though the username/password is valid. I checked roller.log but see
no errors.
Is there something wrong with my upgrade steps or any other explanation
why this happens?

The configuration is Roller 4.0rc3 on Tomcat 5.5.20, JDK 1.5.0_06, and
MySQL 4.1.20
Any help will be appreciated. Thank you

--
Imam Indra Prayudi
Merveos & Medalion Coordinator

Meruvian Foundation
Experiential Temptation of Java and OSS
Wijaya Grand Center Blok H/41 Lt. 4
Jl. Wijaya II Kebayoran Baru
Jakarta Selatan 12160
Telp: 021 9358 6577
Mobile: 0819 3194 5539
Website: http://www.meruvian.org

Re: Upgrade to Roller 4.0: Cannot Login (SOLVED)

Posted by Imam Indra Prayudi <im...@meruvian.org>.
On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 17:16 -0400, Dave wrote:

> Perhaps this is the problem:
>
> Roller now defaults to storing passwords in the database in an
> emcrypted format. So, if you are upgrading an older version of Roller
> and you went with the default setting for encrypted passwords, which
> was off by default, then you'll need to set this propery in your
> roller-custom.properties file:
>
>    passwds.encryption.enabled=false
>
> (that is from the 4.0 RC6 installation guide)
>
> - Dave

well, that IS the problem

thank you very much for the help

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.