Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Al Brown <mr...@lighttechnology.net> on 2007/05/05 00:15:32 UTC

deploying cocoon 2.1.10

Hi,
I'm using fedora core 5. I'm using the apache webserver and tomcat5.
I had cocoon 2.1.9 working.
I add my code and that was working.

Now I wanted to upgrade to 2.1.10
I downloaded 2.1.10 and ran build war.
 I copied the cocoon.war into the webapps directory.

Now I can not get it to deploy. It has removed the old cocoon file, and
it left all of my files, which seems nice of it.

I have tried to use the tomcat manager but that has not worked either. I
have asked the manager to deploy the file. It will copy the cocoon.war
and it says that it worked but it will not run. I manually stop and
start. It say that both worked but cocoon is not deployed.

Were do I look and what do I try next?
Al

Re: deploying cocoon 2.1.10

Posted by Al Brown <mr...@lighttechnology.net>.
Al Brown wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm using fedora core 5. I'm using the apache webserver and tomcat5.
> I had cocoon 2.1.9 working.
> I add my code and that was working.
>

> Now I wanted to upgrade to 2.1.10
> I downloaded 2.1.10 and ran build war.
> I copied the cocoon.war into the webapps directory.
>
> Now I can not get it to deploy. It has removed the old cocoon file,
> and it left all of my files, which seems nice of it.
>
> I have tried to use the tomcat manager but that has not worked either.
> I have asked the manager to deploy the file. It will copy the
> cocoon.war and it says that it worked but it will not run. I manually
> stop and start. It say that both worked but cocoon is not deployed.
>
> Were do I look and what do I try next?
> Al

> This message has been verified by LastSpam eMail security service
>
> Ce courriel a été vérifié par le service de sécurité pour courriels
> LastSpam
> http://www.lastspam.com

More info:
I found the tomcat log file. It has messages:

May 4, 2007 2:40:16 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWAR
INFO: Deploying web application archive cocoon.war
May 4, 2007 2:40:16 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig
applicationWebConfig
INFO: Missing application web.xml, using defaults only
StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/cocoon]

I looked in the war file and there is a web.xml it at WEB-INF/web.xml

I'm using tomcat 5.5.15 and JVM 1.5