Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Sriharsha Setty <sr...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/03 09:20:49 UTC

Deleting databases from the Futon web interface

Hello,
I am using CouchDB v1.0 on Ubuntu 10.04.
I observe that when I delete a database from Futon, the Delete Database pop
screen remains there forever until one clicks the Cancel button. Has anybody
observed this behavior?

Thanks,
/harsha

Re: Deleting databases from the Futon web interface

Posted by Jason Smith <jh...@couch.io>.
I wonder if you have multiple installs overlapping. An old futon with a new
couchdb would do this, at least.

To confirm, you could try running the (my) CouchDB binary installer. Just
install in /tmp/couchdb or whatever and see how it works. That will help
identify either couchdb or the browser as a clue to the problem.

http://couch.io/get#ubuntu

--
Jason Smith
Couchio Hosting

Re: Deleting databases from the Futon web interface

Posted by Sriharsha Setty <sr...@gmail.com>.
Hi JC,

Posted by Aurélien Bénel <au...@utt.fr>.
>    - Check where the Futon lib is and if it's where the previously installed CouchDB Futon was.

You're right, there was a problem with libs versions. "/usr/local/lib/couchdb/" had to be manually deleted before reinstalling CouchDB.

Thanks,

Aurélien

Re: Deleting databases from the Futon web interface

Posted by David Coallier <da...@php.net>.
On 3 August 2010 11:18, Aurélien Bénel <au...@utt.fr> wrote:
>> You might need to send a Content-Type header of "application/json" if you are getting 415's.
>

> The weird thing is that when I updated CouchDB with svn, the API I'm writing (and the related unit tests) suddenly broke down as well as Futon. So far i was quite happy with the trunk version, but I suppose it's safer to use a stable version.
>
> I've just uninstalled the development version (with "make uninstall") and reinstalled 0.11.1... But now it's completely broken:

My first obvious tips would be:

    - Make sure you are not using pre-existing versions of
Futon/CouchDB (Previously compiled version)
    - Clear your browser caches
    - Check where the Futon lib is and if it's where the previously
installed CouchDB Futon was.

--
David Coallier

Re: Deleting databases from the Futon web interface

Posted by Aurélien Bénel <au...@utt.fr>.
> You might need to send a Content-Type header of "application/json" if you are getting 415's.

The weird thing is that when I updated CouchDB with svn, the API I'm writing (and the related unit tests) suddenly broke down as well as Futon. So far i was quite happy with the trunk version, but I suppose it's safer to use a stable version.

I've just uninstalled the development version (with "make uninstall") and reinstalled 0.11.1... But now it's completely broken:

$ sudo couchdb

=CRASH REPORT==== 3-Aug-2010::12:15:31 ===
  crasher:
    initial call: application_master:init/4
    pid: <0.29.0>
    registered_name: []
    exception exit: {{app_would_not_start,ssl},
                     {couch_app,start,
                                [normal,
                                 ["/usr/local/etc/couchdb/default.ini",
                                  "/usr/local/etc/couchdb/local.ini"]]}}
      in function  application_master:init/4
    ancestors: [<0.28.0>]
    messages: [{'EXIT',<0.30.0>,normal}]
    links: [<0.28.0>,<0.6.0>]
    dictionary: []
    trap_exit: true
    status: running
    heap_size: 610
    stack_size: 24
    reductions: 161
  neighbours:

=INFO REPORT==== 3-Aug-2010::12:15:31 ===
    application: couch
    exited: {{app_would_not_start,ssl},
             {couch_app,start,
                        [normal,
                         ["/usr/local/etc/couchdb/default.ini",
                          "/usr/local/etc/couchdb/local.ini"]]}}
    type: temporary

Any idea of what to do now?

Regards,

Aurélien

Re: Deleting databases from the Futon web interface

Posted by Robert Newson <ro...@gmail.com>.
You might need to send a Content-Type header of "application/json" if
you are getting 415's.

B.

Posted by Aurélien Bénel <au...@utt.fr>.

Posted by Aurélien Bénel <au...@utt.fr>.
Hi,

>> I observe that when I delete a database from Futon, the Delete Database pop screen remains there forever until one clicks the Cancel button. Has anybody observed this behavior?

I upgraded to the trunk version this morning and I have a similar problem on database creation.
When I press the "create" button in the database creation dialog box, it displays "function_clause" in red.
Then, if I press the "cancel" button and reload the page I can see that the database was created.

Regards,

Aurélien

Note: Tested on Safari and Firefox.

Re: Deleting databases from the Futon web interface

Posted by JC de Villa <jc...@gmail.com>.
Hi Harsha,

Also using v1.0 on lucid here, and no, I've never experienced what you
mentioned. Are you saying that the modal stays there even after you click on
delete? I'm accessing futon with chromium, just so you know.

I did experience some weirdness with Futon after upgrading to v1.0. It was
cleared out pretty painlessly by deleting all cookies related to that
address (127.0.0.1 and the dev server in my case).

Migs