Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Dexin Wang <wa...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/21 22:23:25 UTC

set reducer timeout with pig

Hi,

How do I change the default timeout for reducer with Pig? I have some
reducer that needs to take longer than 10 minutes to finish. It is pretty
frustrating to see many of get to 95% complete and then got killed.

Thanks.
Dexin

Re: set reducer timeout with pig

Posted by Ashutosh Chauhan <ha...@apache.org>.
SET is only available in 0.8 not in 0.7. But I think your problem lies
elsewhere and most likely is not a reporting timeout issue.

Ashutosh

Posted by Dexin Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
It doesn't seem to work. I got

Posted by Daniel Dai <ji...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Ashutosh Chauhan <ha...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dmitriy Ryaboy <dv...@gmail.com>.
"set mapred.task.timeout $num_milliseconds"