Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Michael Bouschen <mi...@akquinet.de> on 2013/01/10 23:09:45 UTC

JDO TCK Conference Call Friday January 11, 9 am Pacific Time

Hi,

We will have our regular meeting Friday, January 11 at 9 am Pacific Time
to discuss JDO TCK issues and status.

Dial-in numbers are:
US Toll free: 866 682-4770
Germany Frankfurt 069222216106
Germany Toll free: 08006648515
(Other countries by request)

To place the call:
1. Call the toll free number.
2. Enter the conference number 939-3689#
3. Enter the security code 1111#

Agenda:
1. Problem building site
2. News on JDO-717 "copyjdorijars does not cleanup target directory"
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-717
3. News on spec update?
4. Other issues

Action Items from weeks past:
[Dec 07 2012] AI Craig: Last technical item is still the new assertion
needed for Chapter 12.
[Nov 16 2012] AI Everybody Cross references to other sections should use
parentheses. Maybe we should avoid making this change until we have
reviewed and approved the 3.1 changes. Chapters that are not affected by
3.1 could have the bracket-to-parens change made any time, with no
requirement to record changes.
[Nov 02 2012] AI Craig JDO-678 needs a test case.
[Aug 24 2012] AI Craig update the JIRAs JDO-689 JDO-690 and JDO-692
about JDOHelper methods.
[Aug 17 2012] AI Craig comment on JIRA JDO-589 Autocommit or
nontransactional action
[Jul 20 2012] AI Michelle: take a look into adding JDO social links to
db.apache.org/jdo.
[Sep 23 2011] AI Michael document when changing dependencies (to
DataNucleus) it's necessary to rebuild the exectck project before
running tck.

Regards Michael

--
*Michael Bouschen*
*Prokurist*

akquinet tech@spree GmbH
Bülowstr. 66, D-10783 Berlin

Fon:   +49 30 235 520-33
Fax:   +49 30 217 520-12
Email: michael.bouschen@akquinet.de
Web: www.akquinet.de <http://www.akquinet.de>

akquinet tech@spree GmbH, Berlin
USt.-Id. Nr.: DE 225 964 680

Re: Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday January 11, 9 am Pacific Time

Posted by Andy Jefferson <an...@datanucleus.org>.
> I've now removed the Maven1 xdocs and project files from SVN trunk. All that
> is needed is for someone to update "docs". Sadly I tried that and I just
> get some nonsense message
>
>     svn: E190003: Commit failed (details follow):
>     svn: E190003: Commit failed (details follow):
> svn: E190003: The specified baseline is not the latest baseline, so it may
> not be checked out.
> svn: E175002: CHECKOUT of '/repos/infra/!svn/bln/846696': 409 Conflict
> (https://svn.apache.org)
>     svn: E190003: Commit failed (details follow):
> svn: E190003: The specified baseline is not the latest baseline, so it may
> not be checked out.
> svn: E175002: CHECKOUT of '/repos/infra/!svn/bln/846696': 409 Conflict
> (https://svn.apache.org)
>

> Perhaps someone who understand this svn:externals knows what the problem is
> and update it?

Works when done from the command line, seems to be just Eclipse SVN plugin
throwing its toys out of the pram.

All should now be in SVN. Enjoy

--
Andy
DataNucleus (Web: http://www.datanucleus.org   Twitter: @datanucleus)

Re: Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday January 11, 9 am Pacific Time

Posted by Andy Jefferson <an...@datanucleus.org>.
> Andy, thanks. It runs fine with xdocs moved and produces good output.
> Does docs/navigation.html need to be svn added?  I do get a lot of
> warnings like this:
>
> [WARNING] [XHTML Sink] No HTML tag found for unknown event: 'B', ignoring!

docs/navigation.xml isn't present in SVN as far as I can see.

Posted by Michelle Caisse <mc...@sonic.net>.
On 1/14/2013 1:19 AM, Andy Jefferson wrote:
> Yes, Maven seemingly also looks under "xdocs" for documents to render on the
> site (not mentioned in its docs), as well as the standard location (mentioned
> in all its docs of "src/site"). Just move the existing Maven1-based "xdocs" to
> a different location and then run "mvn site". The intention is to delete that
> directory when it is generated to people's satisfaction.
>
> I've also updated it now to not generate various mindless Maven reports that
> don't appear on the site.

Andy, thanks. It runs fine with xdocs moved and produces good output.
Does docs/navigation.html need to be svn added?  I do get a lot of
warnings like this:

[WARNING] [XHTML Sink] No HTML tag found for unknown event: 'B', ignoring!

-- Michelle

Re: Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday January 11, 9 am Pacific Time

Posted by Michelle Caisse <mc...@sonic.net>.
On 1/13/2013 6:35 PM, Michelle Caisse wrote:

>>> Not used Maven1 in some time and don't know what the problem is, but
>>> I could
>>> try converting it to Maven2+ so then there is no requirement for
>>> Maven1 in
>>> the Apache JDO project. I did the same for DataNucleus docs a while
>>> back.
>>> Any objections ?
>> I've checked into SVN the Maven2 site. This is comprised of
>>
>> src/ directory, including all xdocs and resources as before, but with
>> XSD's
>> defined and formatting updated so they match XSD.
>> pom.xml
>>
>> Just do "mvn clean site" and it generates the site under "target/site".
>>

>> If people can try it and see if it works for everyone, then I can
>> delete the
>> old "xdocs" directory as well as maven.xml, project.xml,
>> project.properties
>>

> I get an error building the site:
>
> 7K downloaded  (maven-default-skin-1.0.jar)
> [INFO] Rendering site with
> org.apache.maven.skins:maven-default-skin:jar:1.0 skin.
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Error during page generation
>
> Embedded error: Files 'xdoc\attach_detach.xml' clashes with existing
> 'C:\jdo\site\src\site\xdoc\attach_detach.xml'.
> [INFO]
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Total time: 1 minute 33 seconds
> [INFO] Finished at: Sun Jan 13 18:29:47 MST 2013
> [INFO] Final Memory: 46M/528M
> [INFO]

When I delete xdocs locally, it all works. It appears, though, that
there are a few files generated in target/site that are unversioned in
docs, for example license.html.  That may be a pre-existing problem.

-- Michelle

Re: Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday January 11, 9 am Pacific Time

Posted by Michelle Caisse <mc...@sonic.net>.

Posted by Andy Jefferson <an...@datanucleus.org>.

Posted by Craig L Russell <cr...@oracle.com>.
On Jan 13, 2013, at 12:46 AM, Andy Jefferson wrote:

>> 1. Problem building site
>>
>> There is still an issue with building the site. Seems to be a maven
>> repository variable issue reported as a missing dependency.
>> The site is published as it existed a few months ago but can't be
>> updated (generated) as the instructions in site/HOWTO don't currently
>> work. maven.repo.remote needs to be set. Does anyone know how to fix
>> this?
>
> Not used Maven1 in some time and don't know what the problem is, but
> I could
> try converting it to Maven2+ so then there is no requirement for
> Maven1 in the
> Apache JDO project. I did the same for DataNucleus docs a while
> back. Any
> objections ?

None at all. Go for it. Commit then Review.

Craig

> --
> Andy
> DataNucleus (Web: http://www.datanucleus.org   Twitter: @datanucleus)

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@oracle.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday January 11, 9 am Pacific Time

Posted by mc...@sonic.net.
No objections from me. I think an upgrade is a good idea . Thanks!

-- Michelle

Posted by Andy Jefferson <an...@datanucleus.org>.

Posted by Craig L Russell <cr...@oracle.com>.
Attendees: Michelle Caisse, Matthew Adams, Michael Bouschen, Craig
Russell

Agenda:

1. Problem building site

There is still an issue with building the site. Seems to be a maven
repository variable issue reported as a missing dependency.
The site is published as it existed a few months ago but can't be
updated (generated) as the instructions in site/HOWTO don't currently
work. maven.repo.remote needs to be set. Does anyone know how to fix
this?

2. News on JDO-717 "copyjdorijars does not cleanup target directory" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-717

No progress. Will not hold up the release.

3. News on spec update?

All updates have been made to Chapter 11. Committed accepted changes.
All updates have been made to Chapter 12. Committed accepted changes.
All updates have been made to Chapter 14. Committed accepted changes.
All updates have been made to Chapter 15. Committed accepted changes.
All updates have been made to Chapter 18. Committed accepted changes.
All updates have been made to Chapter 19. Committed accepted changes.
All updates have been made to Appendix H. Committed accepted changes.

Changes to the documents to modify the cross reference markers can now
be done without affecting the semantics of the specification. "Record
Changes" are not needed for these updates.

4. Other issues

Action Items from weeks past:
[Nov 02 2012] AI Craig JDO-678 needs a test case. Working on this item.