Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Aron Sogor <ar...@windriver.com> on 2006/01/26 22:13:12 UTC

Axis2 - is good for me?

Here is my scenario.

I need an RPC stack that works between 2 EJB application on different
servers(boxes).
The EJBS can be deployed in different application servers,
JBoss/Weblogic/SomethingElse.

For this Axis 1.3 is great:
- I can deploy my ejb and Axis webapp in a fairly standard way.
- I can call my EJBs via RPC:EJB.
- generate my client stubs with wsdl2java.

Now if I move to Axis 2.0
- What do I gain (today vs. roadmap)?
- can I use RPC:EJB?(I see references for an intent to create similar
functionality, but is that implemented?)

most of the 2.0 improvements seems to be more about messaging vs RPC,
which is great but might not be relevant to my problem.

Thanks for the help...

Aron

Re: Axis2 - is good for me?

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com>.
I belive we do not support rpc-enc code genration yet .. may be you
need to stick with 1.3 for time been

Thanks
Srinath

--