Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Ken Mugrage <ke...@netadventure.net> on 1998/08/23 08:20:49 UTC

os-bsdi/2892: unable to open a file descriptor above 15

BSD/OS new.netadventure.net 3.0 BSDI BSD/OS 3.0 Kernel #0: Thu Jan 30 13:02:43 MST 1997     polk@demiurge.BSDI.COM:/rel/proto/3.0RC1-i386/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC  i386

>From the error_log: [Sat Aug 22 23:05:39 1998] [warn] (24)Too many open files: unable to open a file descriptor above 15, you may need to increase the number of descriptors

1.3 works great on this machine, 1.3.1 will not even start. Searching the BSDI mailing lists I've seen others
posting the same problem, but no resolutions.
>How-To-Repeat:
Appears to be the default behavior with BSDI 3.x and Apache 1.3.1