Posted to dev@groovy.apache.org by Aseem Bansal <as...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/19 19:39:26 UTC

Where is Groovy's roadmap?

Hi

This came up during gr8conf India. I asked Paul King and he said that to
ask the community so it is known.

I tried looking for groovy's roadmap but couldn't find anything. Where is
it present?

Re: Where is Groovy's roadmap?

Posted by Pascal Schumacher <pa...@gmx.net>.
Hi Paul,

not sure but I think the website could be a better place for the roadmap
than the documentation. What do you think?

Cheers,
Pascal

Re: Where is Groovy's roadmap?

Posted by Jim Northrop <ja...@googlemail.com>.
GR8 idea Paul. Would you have any thoughts for the GPars roadmap, pls.? See this: http://gparsdocs.de.a9sapp.eu/Roadmap.html  - ideas welcome 😊

Sent from my iPad

Re: Where is Groovy's roadmap?

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 4:49 AM, Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au> wrote:
> I think it would be good to have some kind of minimal roadmap in the
> new documentation to replace the old page but I agree as others have
> said that there is no point in having unrealistic goals - so something
> quite small is what I think we need. I'll try to come up with
> something hopefully next week unless someone else wants to jump in.

I've always felt that in open source a wish list is more useful than a roadmap.
IOW: if the team had unlimited resources where would Groovy go.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Where is Groovy's roadmap?

Posted by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>.