Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ch...@ftid.com on 2004/06/23 19:31:06 UTC

Re: Setting html:hidden property using JSTL

James

Do you include the HTML tag library within the jsp page?  It needs to go
at the top and look like this:

<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld" prefix="html" %>

Cheers

Christopher Marsh-Bourdon
Pyplia Limited

klute <so...@yahoo.com>
23/06/2004 18:25

        cc:
        Subject:        Setting html:hidden property using JSTL

Hi All,

I just started experimenting with jstl and i'd like to
set a hidden field on MyActionForm using a value
(contentId) available as an attribute on the request.
Basically, i'd like to do something like this:

value="${contentId}"/>"/>

Which does not work. Should i be using EL syntax
instead? And what would the correct syntax be?

I did check that <c:out value="${contentId}"/> returns
a valid value so my confusion is just passing it as a
value to the html:hidden property.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
James

The information in this e-mail is confidential. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender immediately and delete this message. Any review, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited.

Re: Setting html:hidden property using JSTL

Posted by Michael Nascimento Santos <mi...@hotmail.com>.
It's not possible to use a custom tag as the value of another custom tag
attribute. You should use JSP 2.0 or struts-el instead.

Regards,
Michael Nascimento Santos
JSR-207 Expert Group Member
http://www.javablogs.com.br/blogs/page/soujavamisterm
http://today.java.net/pub/au/80
Sun Certified Programmer for the Java 2 Platform 1.2 & 1.4
Sun Certified Web Component Developer for J2EE
Sun Certified Mobile Application Developer