Posted to commons-dev@ws.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@apache.org> on 2008/12/17 12:16:05 UTC

Big commits in XML Schema trunk

I made two large XML Schema commits last night, and I wanted to update
any interested parties.

First, I made a large set of changes as described in my original
prospectus for XML schema 2.0. The code now has a common format,
passes a set of checkstyle and PMD rules, uses generics internally,
etc. I want to emphasize that I mean no criticism of the previous
authors and maintainers.

Second, I started to check in the W3C test suite. I got approval to do
so from a LEGAL JIRA.

Due to a bit of a disagreement with JIRA, I only got about 1/2 of it
on the first checkin. I will probably wait until I have more bandwidth
(later this morning or when I get home) to do the rest.

Davanum noticed that I updated the NOTICE for the W3C material in
between. That was a result of fixing a dependency/build error in the
first checkin while I had changes pending for the second.