Posted to qa@openoffice.apache.org by Javier LoRa <xa...@hotmail.com> on 2013/02/07 03:23:13 UTC

FW: Bugs... finished

From: xavi_dandy@hotmail.com
To: qa@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Bugs... finished
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 19:23:02 -0600

Hello Rob.
I finished the assigned bugs and I need more to continue working.
I remind you, my platform is: W7 64bits AOO 3.4.1
Good afternoon.
Javier Lopez

Re: FW: Bugs... finished

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 9:23 PM, Javier LoRa <xa...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> From: xavi_dandy@hotmail.com
> To: qa@openoffice.apache.org
> Subject: Bugs... finished
> Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 19:23:02 -0600
>

> Hello Rob.
> I finished the assigned bugs and I need more to continue working.
> I remind you, my platform is: W7 64bits AOO 3.4.1

Hello Javier,

I've updated the New Volunteer Introduce to QA page today.  The
original version was missing some detail about confirming defect
reports, and I hope my new version is much clearer.

You can see the new version here:
http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/intro-qa.html

Please look especially at the section called "Easy QA Task: Confirm
New Defect Reports".

I did review your assigned bugs, and see that you've done some good
work.  But we need to find a way to get these reports out of the
UNCONFIRMED state and move them to either CONFIRMED,
RESOLVED/IRREPRODUCIBLE, RESOLVED/INVALID or RESOLVED/DUPLICATE.  They
should not stay as UNCONFIRMED unless we are waiting for *specific*
information from the user.  And in those cases the Keyword field
should be set to "needsmoreinfo".

So please, take a look at the update webpage and take another look at
your UNCONFIRMED reports.  I think most of them can be resolved, in
one way or another.

If you have any questions then we can discuss on the mailing list.

Thanks!

-Rob