Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Mykola Ostapchuk <my...@sympatico.ca> on 2003/07/09 19:22:06 UTC

Can't instantiate query

Hi,

I can't instantiate query with the next line:
Query query = QueryFactory.newQuery(CountriesVO.class, criteria);
It generates error and method returns null.
The method worked well with OJB 0.9.7, now I'm using OJB 1.0.rc3.
Does anybody have any idea what can be wrong?

One more question: I don't understand why catch (Exception e)  doesn't
actually cach an Exception?
I've System.out and log.error in catch statement - none of them prints
nothing.

Here's my method:

public Vector allCountries() throws DataAccessException {
        log.info("************Entering the
CountriesDAO.allCountries()***************");
        PersistenceBroker broker = null;
        Vector results = null;
        try{
            Criteria criteria = new Criteria();
            criteria.addOrderBy("CO_name");
            Query query = QueryFactory.newQuery(CountriesVO.class,
criteria);
            query.setStartAtIndex(1);
            broker = PersistenceBrokerFactory.defaultPersistenceBroker();
            results = (Vector) broker.getCollectionByQuery(query);
        }
        catch (Exception e) {
            System.out.println("Error: "+e.toString());
            log.error("Exception thrown in CountriesDAO.allCountries(): " +
e.toString());
        }
        finally {
            if (broker != null) broker.close();
        }
        log.info("************Done with
CountriesDAO.allCountries()***************");
        return results;
    }

Please, help!

Regards,
Mykola

Re: Can't instantiate query

Posted by Mykola Ostapchuk <my...@sympatico.ca>.
I solved the problem by using
Query query = new QueryByCriteria(CountriesVO.class, criteria);

I'm wandering why
Query query = QueryFactory.newQuery(CountriesVO.class,criteria);
doesn't work in OJB 1.0.rc3?..

Regards,
Mykola