Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Nicolas DE LOOF <ni...@capgemini.com> on 2006/10/18 15:44:58 UTC

Filtered proxy ?

Yet another question :

How to handle maven1 plugins using Archiva as a proxy ?

Example : I request maven PMD plugin 1.9 using maven1

Archiva looks into
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/maven/maven-pmd-plugin/1.9/ and get the POM
It also searchs the Artifact as
"maven/maven-pmd-plugin/1.9/maven-pmd-plugin-1.9.plugin" (from logs)

Sounds like a little bug.
Even looking at maven/maven-pmd-plugin/1.9/maven-pmd-plugin-1.9.jar
fails : the artifact doesn't exist ! It has a POM and a sources-jar but
no binary artifact.

What's wrong ?

Re: Filtered proxy ?

Posted by Nicolas DE LOOF <ni...@capgemini.com>.
Seems the same issue.
ejb and ejb-clients types are allready configured in maven-artifact
configuration, so they should work (or there is another isue)

How could archiva handle "non standard" artifacts without requirement
for a new Archiva release ? For example, people may want to create some
"it-tests" jars. Could Archiva update it's plexus configuration at
runtime to add such custom types ?

Nico.

Re: Filtered proxy ?

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.

Re: Filtered proxy ?

Posted by Nicolas DE LOOF <ni...@capgemini.com>.
I updated my archiva webapp (it runs under tomcat) to include a
DefaultArtifactHandler component for "plugin" type in
WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/plexus/components.xml.

I now can download maven1 plugins now.

I don't know if this DefaultArtifactHandler may be define in
maven-artifact project or in archiva as this is only required to support
Maven1 artifacts, that is out of maven2 scope.

This doesn't solve the issue of
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/maven/maven-pmd-plugin/1.9/
The maven2 repo contains a pom, a source-jar but no artifact jar.

Is archiva used for converting maven1 repository to maven2 or is this a
"MPA" issue ?

Nico.

Re: Filtered proxy ?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.