Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Kirby Vandivort <kv...@ks.uiuc.edu> on 2002/09/04 18:12:45 UTC

iterate question

Hello,

I'm new to struts, so please bear with me.  I'm in the early stages
of converting something to the struts framework and I've run into a
situation that I'm not sure how to handle.

I want to make a page that, as an example, looks like:

  - message 1
  - message 2
    * re: message 2
      + re: re: message 2
    * re: message 2
    * re: message 2
  - message 3

etc.  So, I'm going to pass a collection to the jsp page, and the
collection might contain collections.  There can be any level of
nesting.

This seems like a common case, but I haven't found a way to do it using
the struts tags as of yet.  It really needs some sort of recursive
solution since you don't know how many levels you will need to go down,
and the presentation is something that clearly shouldn't be done on the
business side, so any help or guidance that you have would be
appreciated.

Thanks!

--

Kirby Vandivort                      Theoretical Biophysics Group
Email: kvandivo@ks.uiuc.edu          3051 Beckman Institute