Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by "Thomas, Stefan" <st...@sap.com> on 2002/09/03 16:17:49 UTC

Relay

Hi there,

    I've installed JAMES on my local machine (have the smtp server running on port 8025) and now want to use the JAVA Mail API to send a message to <user-name>@localhost but receive a "550 Unable to relay for ...@localhost".

The connection is established and entries are made in the log files.

Is anyone familiar with this problem?

Greetings,
Stefan

RE: Relay

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.
> Is anyone familiar with this problem?

No, not familiar, what are you doing wrong? is localhost in your servernames
and 127.0.0.1 in your remoteAddressNotInNetwork mailet.

Is Java mail connecting to James, or somewhere else?

d.