Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Uday Subbarayan <ud...@yahoo.com> on 2011/09/07 19:18:05 UTC

Database Support

Guys,
         In my previous project, I used ZK with file system for storing the configuration information using the std. config file. Is it possible to store the config in a database using JDBC?

Thanks,
-Uday.

Re: Database Support

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.
Uday,
 If I understand correctly, you mean to say if the zookeeper conf file can be stored in database?

As for now, it cannot. The code in ZK assumes that the conf is a file and can be read via opening a file.  It is possible to plugin the conf file so that JDBC can be used but that will require some work.

Hope that helps
mahadev