Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Guido Amarilla <ga...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/10 22:12:28 UTC

Sales/Purchase Order PDF Issues: Order Title

I´ve found some formatting and language errors when generating a Sales
or Purchase Order PDF. I need to know if these are real errors and
should be reported to a JIRA issue or should I customize it to my
needs.

Order Title in English: it is "Sales Order" but in spanish it is
"Venta Orden" which is incorrect and should be "Orden de Venta". This
is because it is being built using two strings: "Sales" + "Order" and
that way of composing this phrase is language specific.
The same happens in a purchase order: "Compra Orden" instead of "Orden
de Compra"

orderReportHeaderInfo.fo.ftl : line 24
<fo:block number-columns-spanned="2"
font-weight="bold">${orderHeader.getRelatedOne("OrderType").get("description",locale)}
${uiLabelMap.OrderOrder}</fo:block>

Solution:
if it is changed to:

<fo:block number-columns-spanned="2"
font-weight="bold">${orderHeader.getRelatedOne("OrderType").get("description",locale)}</fo:block>

and   OrderEntityLabels.properties should be changed from this:

OrderType.description.PURCHASE_ORDER=Purchase
OrderType.description.SALES_ORDER=Sales

to this

OrderType.description.PURCHASE_ORDER=Purchase Order
OrderType.description.SALES_ORDER=Sales Order

(in every language's OrderEntityLabels_XX.properties files)

This change would only affect Order list view. I tested it and it is
not significative, except for the increased column width. The column
"Order Type" uses "Purchase Order" and "Sales Order" for every item,
instead of just "Purchase" or "Sales".

--
Guido Amarilla

Re: Sales/Purchase Order PDF Issues: Order Title

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.
Yes, I agree. This looks like an insufficient i18n, and the pattern
for fixing is fine.

-David