Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Samuel Fuchs <sa...@unycom.com> on 2010/04/21 12:58:00 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache2.2 mod_proxy_ajp - certificate forwarding to Tomcat not working

Dear all

Currently I am working on an implementation for certificate authentication. The vhost of Apache (configuration attached) should forward the client certificate to the web application hosted by Tomcat. Everything else is handled by the application itself.

The forwarding of the client certificate until now has been handled by a Apache2.0 and the mod_jk module which worked fine, but due to new requirements we have to use mod_proxy_ajp and Apache2.2 now.

I do know that the used certificates are valid and that it is possible to log into the application using the Apache2.0 and the mod_jk configuration. But it seems I am missing something concerning the configuration of the mod_proxy_ajp and certificate handling configuration.

The error log of the Apache is attached as well.

It would be great if someone could give me a hint how to solve this issue.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards,
________________________________
Samuel Fuchs

unycom Information Technology Services GmbH

Solutions for Intellectual Property Management
Schmiedlstrasse 1 / III, 8042 Graz / Austria

Tel.: +43-316-818 828-474
Fax: +43-316-818 828-938

E-Mail: samuel.fuchs@unycom.com <ma...@unycom.com>
Web: www.unycom.com <blocked::http://www.unycom.com/>