Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Nick Betteridge <n....@syntactics.com> on 2002/08/05 19:25:42 UTC

xerces, schemas and xhtml 1.1 schema

Hi

I'm new to all of this and trying to get a handle on using xerces for
parsing and generating html using the xhtml schema.

I recently downloaded xerces and the xhtml1.1 schema and tried to
preparse the schema and got a number of errors - entered a bug report (
which may have been unwarrented ).

So, I would be very grateful if someone could tell me if I'm trying to
use Xerces too soon for this, if the xhtml 1.1 schema is slightly bugged
or whether my programming skills need working on (highly likely).

Incidently, even though I have read through the samples in the
distribution, are there any good tutorials yet on working with xerces
and schemas? I'm trying to build a simple editor which preparses schemas
and aids/dictates in the creation of the xml.

Thanks in advance for any input

Cheers

Nick B