Posted to dev@shiro.apache.org by daveoflynn <do...@atlassian.com> on 2009/01/01 23:49:35 UTC

Re: Atlassian Crowd based realm

> One simple solution is to have
> the peer do a security check w/ the Crowd server for
> every call it receives; obviously a resource intensive solution.
> A different solution would be to have the peer check after
> some period, say five minutes.  This could be an acceptable
> compromise.

Hi folks,

This is exactly how Crowd integration works for other Atlassian
applications. The crowd.properties file has a property named
"session.validationinterval" which determines how often the client
application (Confluence, JIRA, etc) should check with Crowd. If set to zero,
the client app checks on every request.

So, I think it's fair to say you're on the right track :-)

I'm the Crowd Team Lead, so if you have any questions about how integration
should work, please let me know, on or off list. The ASF is entitled to free
copies of all our apps, but if you have any difficulties getting license
keys etc, please shout.

Regards,
Dave.

Re: Atlassian Crowd based realm

Posted by David O'Flynn <do...@atlassian.com>.
On 03/01/2009, at 4:04 AM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> On Jan 1, 2009, at 2:49 PM, daveoflynn wrote:
>> The ASF is entitled to free
>> copies of all our apps, but if you have any difficulties getting
>> license
>> keys etc, please shout.
>
> Thanks Dave.  You wouldn't happen to know where I can get a hold of
> these keys?

It looks like the ASF haven't asked for Crowd licenses before, so if
you go to http://www.atlassian.com/opensource/ and apply for one,
we'll get it to you right away.

Re: Atlassian Crowd based realm

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
On Jan 1, 2009, at 2:49 PM, daveoflynn wrote:

>> One simple solution is to have
>> the peer do a security check w/ the Crowd server for
>> every call it receives; obviously a resource intensive solution.
>> A different solution would be to have the peer check after
>> some period, say five minutes.  This could be an acceptable
>> compromise.
>
> Hi folks,
>
> This is exactly how Crowd integration works for other Atlassian
> applications. The crowd.properties file has a property named
> "session.validationinterval" which determines how often the client
> application (Confluence, JIRA, etc) should check with Crowd. If set
> to zero,
> the client app checks on every request.
>
> So, I think it's fair to say you're on the right track :-)
>
> I'm the Crowd Team Lead, so if you have any questions about how
> integration
> should work, please let me know, on or off list. The ASF is entitled
> to free
> copies of all our apps, but if you have any difficulties getting
> license
> keys etc, please shout.

Thanks Dave.  You wouldn't happen to know where I can get a hold of
these keys?

Regards,
Alan