Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> on 2020/03/31 16:51:26 UTC

Feathercast scheduling

Hi, friends,

I'm hoping to reboot Feathercast (yeah, I know, I've said this before)
next week, around the original theme of "Yeah, but what does it *DO*?"
that we used to do in the old days.

To that end, I have a list of all of the projects (as of today,
anyways!) here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jXP89WzTDiOS2QaSeKGyz6M_z71HI0lYOzVFnnZ-EAo/edit?usp=sharing

And I have a boilerplate script, here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FZzloEiCf2qxm9Q4Ipq6i-2mkykdKfvuNaqOpRf901w/edit?usp=sharing

What I'd like, short term, is a couple of "friendly" projects that I can
get started with. Perhaps people who are excited about their project,
are used to being interviews, and can get us off on a good start.

If you are interested in volunteering for this, please let me know, and
we'll schedule something.

Thanks!

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
http://rcbowen.com/

Re: Feathercast scheduling

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
Thank you for the enthusiastic response. Those of you who have selected
a time should have now received a meeting invitation which contains
information about how the interview will go, and where to show up for it.

If you have *not* already responded to the request, please hold off
until next week. My goal was to do one per week, and I've already got 5
scheduled, so I need to slow down a bit.

Thanks!

Re: Feathercast scheduling

Posted by Brian Demers <br...@gmail.com>.
Great!

Re: Feathercast scheduling

Re: Feathercast scheduling

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

Re: Feathercast scheduling

Re: Feathercast scheduling

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

Re: Feathercast scheduling

Posted by Dmitriy Pavlov <dp...@apache.org>.
Dear Com.Devs,

Re: Feathercast scheduling

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

Re: Feathercast scheduling

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

Re: Feathercast scheduling

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <ja...@potiuk.com>.
Happy to volunteer for Apache Airflow!

J.

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 7:18 PM Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> wrote:

> On 3/31/20 1:07 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> > Hi Rich,
> >
> > On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 6:51 PM Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> wrote:
> >> ...If you are interested in volunteering for this, please let me know,
> and
> >> we'll schedule something...
> >
> > I'm happy to do this for Sling.
>

> That is great news. I'll connect off-list for scheduling.
>
> --
> Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
> http://rcbowen.com/
> @rbowen

+48 660 796 129

Re: Feathercast scheduling

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

Re: Feathercast scheduling

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi Rich,

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 6:51 PM Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> wrote:
> ...If you are interested in volunteering for this, please let me know, and
> we'll schedule something...

I'm happy to do this for Sling.

-Bertrand

Re: Feathercast scheduling

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
Thanks, Serge. I've added you to my spreadsheet and will contact you the
next time I have an interview opening.

Re: Feathercast scheduling

Posted by Serge Huber <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi Rich,

Re: Feathercast scheduling

Posted by Swapnil M Mane <sw...@apache.org>.
Thank you Rich,
I would love to volunteer for OFBiz.

Best regards,
Swapnil M Mane,
www.apache.org

Re: Feathercast scheduling

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

Re: Feathercast scheduling

Posted by Sönke Liebau <so...@opencore.com.INVALID>.
Hi Rich,

I'd be happy to talk about Apache Kafka when you have recording times
available again.

Best regards,
Sönke

On Tue, 14 Apr 2020 at 16:11, Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> wrote:

> Thank you. I will email you next time I have available recording times.
> Should be next week some time.
>
> --Rich
>
> On 4/13/20 9:50 PM, Sheng Wu wrote:
> > Hi Rich
> >
> > I am willing to do for Apache SkyWalking.
> >
> > Sheng Wu 吴晟
> > Twitter, wusheng1108
> >

> > Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> 于2020年4月1日周三 上午12:51写道:
> >
> >> Hi, friends,
> >>
> >> I'm hoping to reboot Feathercast (yeah, I know, I've said this before)
> >> next week, around the original theme of "Yeah, but what does it *DO*?"
> >> that we used to do in the old days.
> >>
> >> To that end, I have a list of all of the projects (as of today,
> >> anyways!) here:
> >>

> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jXP89WzTDiOS2QaSeKGyz6M_z71HI0lYOzVFnnZ-EAo/edit?usp=sharing
> >>
> >> And I have a boilerplate script, here:
> >>

> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FZzloEiCf2qxm9Q4Ipq6i-2mkykdKfvuNaqOpRf901w/edit?usp=sharing
> >>
> >> What I'd like, short term, is a couple of "friendly" projects that I can
> >> get started with. Perhaps people who are excited about their project,
> >> are used to being interviews, and can get us off on a good start.
> >>
> >> If you are interested in volunteering for this, please let me know, and
> >> we'll schedule something.
> >>
> >> Thanks!
> >>
> >> --
> >> Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
> >> http://rcbowen.com/
> >> @rbowen

> Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
> http://rcbowen.com/
> @rbowen

Sönke Liebau
Partner
Tel. +49 179 7940878
OpenCore GmbH & Co. KG - Thomas-Mann-Straße 8 - 22880 Wedel - Germany

Re: Feathercast scheduling

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

Re: Feathercast scheduling

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rich

Re: Feathercast scheduling

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

On 3/31/20 3:27 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> I'm free...

For httpd? Or for something else?

--Rich

Re: Feathercast scheduling

Posted by Rachel Pedreschi <ra...@imply.io>.
 I would love to talk about Druid!

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 12:32 PM Trevor Grant <tr...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm happy to volunteer for Mahout!
>
> On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 2:27 PM Jim Jagielski <ji...@jagunet.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm free...
> >
> > > On Mar 31, 2020, at 12:51 PM, Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi, friends,
> > >
> > > I'm hoping to reboot Feathercast (yeah, I know, I've said this before)
> > next week, around the original theme of "Yeah, but what does it *DO*?"
> that
> > we used to do in the old days.
> > >
> > > To that end, I have a list of all of the projects (as of today,
> > anyways!) here:
> >
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jXP89WzTDiOS2QaSeKGyz6M_z71HI0lYOzVFnnZ-EAo/edit?usp=sharing
> > >
> > > And I have a boilerplate script, here:
> >
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FZzloEiCf2qxm9Q4Ipq6i-2mkykdKfvuNaqOpRf901w/edit?usp=sharing
> > >
> > > What I'd like, short term, is a couple of "friendly" projects that I
> can
> > get started with. Perhaps people who are excited about their project, are
> > used to being interviews, and can get us off on a good start.
> > >
> > > If you are interested in volunteering for this, please let me know, and
> > we'll schedule something.
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > >
> > > --
> > > Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com