Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Steve Whitson <st...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/07 20:15:53 UTC

upgrade from 1.5.4 to 1.6.4

Hi,

I am once again planning an upgrade (from 1.5.4 to 1.6.4).  In order to
get the file system storage improvements noted in the release notes (or
any other 1.6 improvements) do I need to dump and load, or is the
svnadmin upgrade operation sufficient.

My repositories were created and reloaded under 1.5.3.

Also, are there any issues with my synced repositories?  I'm guessing I
need to do the same upgrade on them too... or is there a need to do
something like recreating them?

Sorry if this is a duplicate...I didn't see any from 1.5.x to 1.6.x on
the list already...

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
    -Steve

Re: upgrade from 1.5.4 to 1.6.4

Posted by Steve Whitson <st...@gmail.com>.
Thanks much!

Re: upgrade from 1.5.4 to 1.6.4

Posted by Purple Streak <mr...@googlemail.com>.

Re: upgrade from 1.5.4 to 1.6.4

Posted by Steve Whitson <st...@gmail.com>.
Richard,

Thanks for your response...

My direct question is must I dump and reload, or is svnadmin upgrade
sufficient?  I understand neither is required, but if I wish to utilize
features such as 'packing completed shards' must I dump and reload, or
is my 'svnadmin upgrade'ed repositories sufficient for features such as
this.  My repositories were recreated and reloaded under 1.5.3.

I don't see anything that states this with any certainty w/in the book
or release notes when upgrading from 1.5.x to 1.6.x.  Possibly I
overlooked it?

Thanks much,
    -Steve

RE: upgrade from 1.5.4 to 1.6.4