Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Deven You <de...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/10 08:18:11 UTC

About (HARMONY-6301) There are 2 unused member in java.util.Locale

2009/8/10 deven you (JIRA) <ji...@apache.org>

> There are 2 unused member in java.util.Locale
>
>                 Key: HARMONY-6301
>             Project: Harmony
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Classlib
>    Affects Versions: 5.0M10
>            Reporter: deven you
>             Fix For: 5.0M10
>

> I find in java.util.Locale:
>  private static volatile Locale[] availableLocales and static Locale[]
> find(String prefix) are never used, so if we can remove these 2 members.

In java.util.Locale, I find  private static volatile Locale[]
availableLocales and static Locale[] find(String prefix) are never used, so
if anyone know why we need keep these 2 class members?  Maybe we can remove
them from Locale class.

Re: About (HARMONY-6301) There are 2 unused member in java.util.Locale

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
On 10/Aug/2009 07:18, Deven You wrote:
> 2009/8/10 deven you (JIRA) <ji...@apache.org>
>
>> There are 2 unused member in java.util.Locale
>>
>>                 Key: HARMONY-6301
>>             Project: Harmony
>>          Issue Type: Bug
>>          Components: Classlib
>>    Affects Versions: 5.0M10
>>            Reporter: deven you
>>             Fix For: 5.0M10
>>

>> I find in java.util.Locale:
>>  private static volatile Locale[] availableLocales and static Locale[]
>> find(String prefix) are never used, so if we can remove these 2 members.
>>

> In java.util.Locale, I find  private static volatile Locale[]
> availableLocales and static Locale[] find(String prefix) are never used, so
> if anyone know why we need keep these 2 class members?  Maybe we can remove
> them from Locale class.

I don't see any references either.  I think it will be safe to remove them.

Regards,
Tim