Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> on 2006/12/07 04:45:10 UTC

Updating Headers in all Maven goodies

For anyone using IDEA and you want to lend a hand updating license
headers the copyright plugin in IDEA allows you to import settings
from another .ipr file so you can use this one and it should give you
the same settings that I've been using for plugins I've been
preparing to release:

http://idisk.maven.org/jvanzyl/Public/maven-remote-resources-plugin.ipr

There's settings for Java, XML, JSP, and Properties which should
cover us.

Thanks,

Jason.

Re: Updating Headers in all Maven goodies

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Jason van Zyl wrote:

> On 10 Dec 06, at 1:55 PM 10 Dec 06, Dennis Lundberg wrote:
>
>> Jason van Zyl wrote:
>>> For anyone using IDEA and you want to lend a hand updating license
>>> headers the copyright plugin in IDEA allows you to import settings
>>> from another .ipr file so you can use this one and it should give you
>>> the same settings that I've been using for plugins I've been
>>> preparing to release:
>>> http://idisk.maven.org/jvanzyl/Public/maven-remote-resources-plugin.ipr
>>> There's settings for Java, XML, JSP, and Properties which should
>>> cover us.
>>> Thanks,
>>> Jason.
>>
>> Thanks for that file Jason.
>>
>> Unfortunately it doesn't work well if you're on Windows. At least for
>> me using IDEA 5.1. So I took Jason's file and modified it for Windows
>> users and put it on the web:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~dennisl/maven-remote-resources-plugin-windows.ipr
>>

> Path separators?
>
> Jason.

No, line separators. IDEA wants the .ipr files to use only LF even on
Windows. Unfortunately the Copyright plugin strips all LF characters
within the "notice" option when I use it on Windows. I had to hit
"return" from inside the plugin configuration dialog to get them to
stick. The new Windows configuration ends up including &#10; as line
separators.

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: Updating Headers in all Maven goodies

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On 10 Dec 06, at 1:55 PM 10 Dec 06, Dennis Lundberg wrote:

> Jason van Zyl wrote:
>> For anyone using IDEA and you want to lend a hand updating license
>> headers the copyright plugin in IDEA allows you to import settings
>> from another .ipr file so you can use this one and it should give
>> you the same settings that I've been using for plugins I've been
>> preparing to release:
>> http://idisk.maven.org/jvanzyl/Public/maven-remote-resources-
>> plugin.ipr
>> There's settings for Java, XML, JSP, and Properties which should
>> cover us.
>> Thanks,
>> Jason.
>
> Thanks for that file Jason.
>
> Unfortunately it doesn't work well if you're on Windows. At least
> for me using IDEA 5.1. So I took Jason's file and modified it for
> Windows users and put it on the web:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~dennisl/maven-remote-resources-plugin-
> windows.ipr

Path separators?