Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Yury Kats <yu...@yahoo.com> on 2011/07/25 21:27:30 UTC

CoreAdminHandler: can I specify custom properties when creating cores?

When crating cores through solr.xml, I am able to specify custom
properties, to be referenced in solrconfig.xml. For example:

 <cores adminPath="/admin/cores" defaultCoreName="master">
   <core name="master" instanceDir="core1" shard="shard1" collection="myconf" >
     <property name="enable.master" value="true" />
   </core>
   <core name="slave" instanceDir="core2" shard="shard2" collection="myconf">
     <property name="enable.slave" value="true" />
     <property name="masterHost" value="node2:8983" />
   </core>
 </cores>

This would create a master core and a slave core, participating in replication,
both sharing the same solrconfig.xml for replication setup.

Is there a way to specify such properties when creating cores through a CoreAdminHandler
request [1]?

Thanks,
Yury

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CoreAdmin#CREATE