Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Dedeco Balaco <de...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2018/05/16 14:57:28 UTC

[users@httpd] In directory pages, how to show file dates in a specific timezone?

Hello,

I could not find a way to show file listing pages (of Apache) with times
in correct the timezone. The timezone is defined in the enrironment, but
Apache refuses to take it into account.

The discussion made in
https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?p=5855435 shows
that situation clearly. The main point is that:

- dates and times are correctly shown in SSH accesses, they take the TZ
(for timezone) variable value

- PHP also takes that variable into account, something that is even
shown by phpinfo PHP function

How to make Apache file listing pages be shown in the correct timezone,
or a specific one (possibly using a "SetEnv TZ" line in .htaccess ?

p.s.:

There is a small error in the users list page (
https://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html ). There is written

> Before you go further, please read Eric S. Raymond and Rick Moen's
> explanation of "How To Ask Questions The Smart Way". If you follow
> their advice, you will discover that these forums have dozens of
> helpers ready to provide you with guidance on using the Apache HTTP
> Server! Note: Do not SENT your Apache questions to Eric or Rick!

where should be

 > Before you go further, please read Eric S. Raymond and Rick Moen's
 > explanation of "How To Ask Questions The Smart Way". If you follow
 > their advice, you will discover that these forums have dozens of
 > helpers ready to provide you with guidance on using the Apache HTTP
 > Server! Note: Do not SEND your Apache questions to Eric or Rick!

The verb in the note sentence is wrong.

Re: [users@httpd] In directory pages, how to show file dates in a specific timezone?

Posted by Dedeco Balaco <de...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Em 17-05-2018 15:55, Stormy escreveu:
> On 2018-05-17 12:30 PM, Dedeco Balaco wrote:
> [snip]
>>> How to make Apache file listing pages be shown in the correct timezone,
>>> or a specific one (possibly using a "SetEnv TZ" line in .htaccess ?
>>> p.s.:
>>> There is a small error in the users list page (
>>> https://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html ). The verb in the note
>>> sentence is wrong.
>
> s/ send|sent ??? I've just looked at your reference, the page is
> perfect. I might suggest that if you want help, don't insult the
> volunteers who *can* help.

It should be send, and sent was written there - or I would have no
reason to point it.

With *everything* I have said, I did not mean to insult anyone! If you
thought that, I might have chosen the wrong words. We should interpret
my words with good and calm tones, and always having constructive things.

> As to your question, "timezones" is rather vague. Depending upon your
> hardware and your o/s, you may have BIOS time, o/s time and various
> pieces of coding that consciously (or not) use one, the other or a
> possibly incorrect interpretation of either one.

I chose to write it short, since I pointed to a discussion about the
same problem, where more details are shown - although I imagined they
should not be needed. I will rewrite my first message now.

Thank you for your reply

Re: [users@httpd] In directory pages, how to show file dates in a specific timezone?

Posted by Stormy <st...@stormy.ca>.
On 2018-05-17 12:30 PM, Dedeco Balaco wrote:
[snip]
>> How to make Apache file listing pages be shown in the correct timezone,
>> or a specific one (possibly using a "SetEnv TZ" line in .htaccess ?
>> p.s.:
>> There is a small error in the users list page (
>> https://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html ).
>> The verb in the note sentence is wrong.

s/ send|sent ??? I've just looked at your reference, the page is
perfect. I might suggest that if you want help, don't insult the
volunteers who *can* help.

As to your question, "timezones" is rather vague. Depending upon your
hardware and your o/s, you may have BIOS time, o/s time and various
pieces of coding that consciously (or not) use one, the other or a
possibly incorrect interpretation of either one.

Paul

Re: [users@httpd] In directory pages, how to show file dates in a specific timezone?

Posted by Dedeco Balaco <de...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Em 16-05-2018 11:57, Dedeco Balaco escreveu:
> Hello,
>
> I could not find a way to show file listing pages (of Apache) with times
> in correct the timezone. The timezone is defined in the enrironment, but
> Apache refuses to take it into account.
>
> The discussion made in
> https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?p=5855435 shows
> that situation clearly. The main point is that:
>
> - dates and times are correctly shown in SSH accesses, they take the TZ
> (for timezone) variable value
>
> - PHP also takes that variable into account, something that is even
> shown by phpinfo PHP function
>

> How to make Apache file listing pages be shown in the correct timezone,
> or a specific one (possibly using a "SetEnv TZ" line in .htaccess ?
>

> p.s.:
>
> There is a small error in the users list page (
> https://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html ). There is written
>
>> Before you go further, please read Eric S. Raymond and Rick Moen's
>> explanation of "How To Ask Questions The Smart Way". If you follow
>> their advice, you will discover that these forums have dozens of
>> helpers ready to provide you with guidance on using the Apache HTTP
>> Server! Note: Do not SENT your Apache questions to Eric or Rick!
>
> where should be
>
>> Before you go further, please read Eric S. Raymond and Rick Moen's
>> explanation of "How To Ask Questions The Smart Way". If you follow
>> their advice, you will discover that these forums have dozens of
>> helpers ready to provide you with guidance on using the Apache HTTP
>> Server! Note: Do not SEND your Apache questions to Eric or Rick!
>
> The verb in the note sentence is wrong.

In the last few days, I have seen several answers, discussions, but to
other questions. They are aparently more complicated than my problem. If
this is this a wrong list to choose for my problem, please say that to me.