Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Vicky <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2003/12/17 20:01:15 UTC

Generate Java class from xml?

Does anyone have an idea of how i can generate .java file from xml file? Tools like jakrata digester, JOX are there but both of them are useful in populating java beans from xml. My requirement is to generate .java file from .xml with getters and setters methods for xml elements/attributes. I also tried JAXB. But JAXB generates bunch of files and most of them are interfaces, which is not going to work for me.

For e.g. i have following xml file and i want to generate Address.java file with getters/setters. Any ideas?
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' ?>
 <Address>
    <FirstName type="String"/>
    <PoBox type="int"/>
</Address>

Thanks,
Vicky

Re: Generate Java class from xml?

Posted by John Ferguson Smart <jf...@aacom.fr>.
Must be a new anti-spam filter on the mail server, I guess...

--
John Ferguson Smart, PhD
Directeur de Projet

AACOM - L'Informatique communicante
120 rue du Marin Blanc - Z.I. des Paluds
13685 Aubagne Cedex
tel : 04.42.72.65.69 - fax : 04.42.72.65.68
Web : http://www.aacom.fr

Re: *****SPAM*****Re: Generate Java class from xml?

Posted by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com>.
John,
this is off-topic, but why does your message header contain the word
*******SPAM****** ?

On 12/17/2003 08:43 PM&nbsp;John Smart wrote:
> There's also XMLBeans (http://xml.apache.org/xmlbeans/) , which, unlike
> Castor, works with JDK 1.4...
>
> Martin Gainty wrote:
>
>> Castor (http://www.castor.org) which generate the java classes with
>> marshall
>> and unmarshall methods, but it is not finished, doesn't care to
>> namespaces,
>> owns severals bugs ...
>>
>> The second one is Xml Spy 5.0, it generate classes from an xsd file which
>> wrap on the Dom Tree, but all facets are not implemented as
>> enumeration ...
>> but I think that a better version will come soon. Generates JAXP
>> compliant
>> Java Beans
>> http://www.altova.com/features_java.html
>>
>> -Martin
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Vicky" <ja...@yahoo.com>

>>> Vicky

--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.16 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 Debian

Re: Generate Java class from xml?

Posted by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com>.
Hmm, looks pretty good but it doesn't seem to do what I need. Thanks
though.

>>> http://www.google.com/search?q=jakarta+digester
>>> http://www.javaranch.com/newsletter/August2003/

Posted by Mark Lowe <ma...@talk21.com>.

Posted by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com>.
Hi Christopher,

Posted by Christopher Milton <cm...@yahoo.com>.

--- John Smart <jf...@aacom.fr> wrote:
> There's also XMLBeans (http://xml.apache.org/xmlbeans/) , which, unlike
> Castor, works with JDK 1.4...
>
> Martin Gainty wrote:
>
> >Castor (http://www.castor.org) which generate the java classes with marshall
> >and unmarshall methods, but it is not finished, doesn't care to namespaces,
> >owns severals bugs ...
> >
> >The second one is Xml Spy 5.0, it generate classes from an xsd file which
> >wrap on the Dom Tree, but all facets are not implemented as enumeration ...
> >but I think that a better version will come soon. Generates JAXP compliant
> >Java Beans
> >http://www.altova.com/features_java.html
> >
> >-Martin

=====