Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/07 17:19:57 UTC

[collections] Raising issues for IBM JDK

Hi,

after testing ours tests with IBM JDK 6 I found several bugs in the TreeMap
imlementation of this JRE.
Some of them I could work-around (e.g. non-synced Map.Entry setValue with
backing map), but some are more serious and would also require that certain
tests to be disabled when run with an IBM JDK (also to prevent -1 on
release votes).

Now, when looking at
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/howdoi/index.html#reporting, are
they really serious?

I need to have a valid software support contract with them to actually
being able to report them a problem?

Thomas

Re: [collections] Raising issues for IBM JDK

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Thomas,

the web page indicates. i'd suggest doing that to see if it helps

* Post a message on the Java Runtimes and SDKs Java Runtimes and SDKs Forum.
* Send an email directly to us at our Java Tools email.

-- dims

Posted by Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 5:23 PM, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 07/03/2013 16:19, Thomas Neidhart wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > after testing ours tests with IBM JDK 6 I found several bugs in the
> TreeMap
> > imlementation of this JRE.
> > Some of them I could work-around (e.g. non-synced Map.Entry setValue with
> > backing map), but some are more serious and would also require that
> certain
> > tests to be disabled when run with an IBM JDK (also to prevent -1 on
> > release votes).
> >
> > Now, when looking at
> > http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/howdoi/index.html#reporting,
> are
> > they really serious?
> >
> > I need to have a valid software support contract with them to actually
> > being able to report them a problem?
>
> Why can't you use the options described under "Discuss an issue without
> a support contract"?

ah ok thanks, I was reading to fast ;-)

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 07/03/2013 16:19, Thomas Neidhart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after testing ours tests with IBM JDK 6 I found several bugs in the TreeMap
> imlementation of this JRE.
> Some of them I could work-around (e.g. non-synced Map.Entry setValue with
> backing map), but some are more serious and would also require that certain
> tests to be disabled when run with an IBM JDK (also to prevent -1 on
> release votes).
>
> Now, when looking at
> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/jdk/howdoi/index.html#reporting, are
> they really serious?
>
> I need to have a valid software support contract with them to actually
> being able to report them a problem?

Why can't you use the options described under "Discuss an issue without
a support contract"?

Mark