Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com> on 2007/02/04 19:43:42 UTC

Re: [classlib] VM interface docs ?

On Jan 25, 2007, at 11:45 AM, Morozova, Nadezhda wrote:

> Geir,
> I moved the Doxygen-related folders to the drlvm/doxygen folder as you
> suggested. However, I am not sure we should make them part of svn.
> This
> was the main point in the discussion that we don't track version
> control
> for all these auto-generated files. Are you now suggesting that we
> make
> them full members of the site? I think I misunderstood you somehow.

No, I wasn't suggesting that they go into SVN.

What I was saying was that there should be a single empty directory

    subcomponents/drlvm/doxygen

in SVN that the generated content is dropped into.

Right now, that content is dropped into

    subcomponents/drlvm

and I think it's a mess :)

> As for getting these files locally, yes, this seems to be a problem. I
> actually left the Regenerating section on the index page empty
> because I
> am not sure about the right way to do it. We now have the build
> scripts
> for Doxygen in enhanced/drlvm/trunk/vm/doc folder and they only work
> when located there (dependencies on classlib folders and dir tree
> layout). Now, the site only has a snapshot of these files available
> from
> the web, and you can't build the Doxygen reference inside the site dir
> tree. So as of now, you must switch to the checked out sources and
> regenerate the reference there, so your site links to reference
> materials won't work locally. Yes, this does not sound very convenient
> and it certainly is not part of website. Your great idea of how to
> avoid
> this escapes me :(

I don't think I had a great idea for that - only that in the

   subcomponents/drlvm/doxygen

we add a page in SVN that gives the instructions on there the
material comes from, and set it up so that page is named something
that gets overwritten when the content is dropped in.

Does that make sense?

geir