Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by praveen <pk...@gmail.com> on 2004/12/01 00:21:09 UTC

stopping a thread

hi all.

i need logic similar to the psuedocode below:

   .. ..
   HTTP sampler
      Regular Expression Extractor gets a value for VAR
   If Controller
      "${VAR}"=="null"
      Stop thread

What can I use to stop the thread, other than using a sampler?
Selecting the option "stop thread on error" in the thread group
element stops the thread only on error. But there are situations in
which, although there is a valid response, it is an error page
manufactured by the application server. So I want to stop threads that
run into such pages during a run.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

thanks

--
                                     k.p.

Re: stopping a thread

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 17:21:09 -0600, praveen <pk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi all.
>
> i need logic similar to the psuedocode below:
>
>    .. ..
>    HTTP sampler
>       Regular Expression Extractor gets a value for VAR
>    If Controller
>       "${VAR}"=="null"
>       Stop thread
>
> What can I use to stop the thread, other than using a sampler?
> Selecting the option "stop thread on error" in the thread group
> element stops the thread only on error. But there are situations in
> which, although there is a valid response, it is an error page
> manufactured by the application server. So I want to stop threads that
> run into such pages during a run.

Use an Assertion that fails.

Sampler errors are either samples that fail entirely (e.g. page not
found) or sample that fails one of the Assertions. These both show up
as failed samples, e.g. in the Table Listener (and in the sample log
files).

If you don't want every sample failure to cause the thread to stop,
add a Result Status Action Post-Processor in the appropriate place.

S.