Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Andrew Voumard <an...@melbpc.org.au> on 2012/08/14 00:55:02 UTC

Re: Seeking clarification of JAX-WS behaviour under CXF 2.6.1 for WebResult partName attribute

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the explanation. I am using the Sun JDK 1.5.0_22. cxf
2.6.1, jsr181-api-1.0-MR1, and jax-ws-2.1-1. Is it simply a case of
updating to jax-ws-2.2.8 to use the new JAX-WS 2.2 annotation
attributes, or would I need to change anything else ?

Thanks
Andrew

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Aug 13, 2012, at 6:55 PM, Andrew Voumard <an...@melbpc.org.au> wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> Thanks for the explanation. I am using the Sun JDK 1.5.0_22. cxf 2.6.1, jsr181-api-1.0-MR1, and jax-ws-2.1-1. Is it simply a case of updating to jax-ws-2.2.8 to use the new JAX-WS 2.2 annotation attributes, or would I need to change anything else ?

With Java 5, it's easy.  Just update the jaws-api jar to the latest 2.2.x version and you should be all set.

Dan

> Thanks
> Andrew
>
> At 02:40 AM 14/08/2012, Daniel Kulp wrote:
>
>> On Aug 13, 2012, at 5:52 AM, andrewv <an...@melbpc.org.au> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I am using CXF 2.6.1 via the maven plugins.
>> >
>> > I am finding that in the case of a Document/Literal/Wrapped JAX-WS, the
>> > annotation:
>> >
>> > @WebResult(partName="somePartName")
>> >
>> > makes no differentce to the generated wsdl. I was expecting this to have
>> > the effect:
>>
>> With Doc/Lit/Wrapped, the WebResult attributes would be used for creating the <element> inside the wrapper complexType/sequence.  They have nothing to do with the parts in the wsdl message.   To control that, you would NEED to move to JAX-WS 2.2 and use the partName attribute on the @ResponseWrapper annotation.  Unfortunately, with JAX-WS 2.1, there is no way to control it.
>>
>> Dan

>> > <wsdl:message name="SomeResponse">
>> >  <wsdl:part name="somePartName" ... >
>> >  </wsdl:part>
>> > </wsdl:message>
>> >
>> > but instead it generates:

>> > <wsdl:message name="SomeResponse">
>> >  <wsdl:part name="parameters" ... >
>> >  </wsdl:part>
>> > </wsdl:message>
>> >
>> > I also find that no @WebResult( ... partName="somePartName" ...)
>> > annotation change is generated in the server SEI stub for the wsdl2java
>> > goal if the wsdl contains:

>> > <wsdl:message name="SomeResponse">
>> >  <wsdl:part name="somePartName" ... >
>> >  </wsdl:part>
>> > </wsdl:message>
>> >
>> > I am wanting to be able to control the "somePartName" value, to simulate
>> > the same wsdl, as is issued by an existing JAX-RPC web service.
>> >
>> > Can someone tell me if the wsdl generation or my understanding is
>> > incorrect ?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > Andrew
>> >

>> > --