Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com> on 2002/06/06 22:50:07 UTC

c:import when file doesn't exist

I remember hearing something about JSTL offering a try/catch syntax, or
maybe it was JSP 1.2.  Anywhoo, I need it.

When I have the following, and $wrapperURL does not exist as a file, a
ServletException is thrown.  I'd like to be able to gracefully handle
it.

<c:import url="${pageScope.wrapperURL}"/>

Thanks,

Matt

Re: c:import when file doesn't exist

Posted by Shawn Bayern <ba...@essentially.net>.
On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Matt Raible wrote:

> I remember hearing something about JSTL offering a try/catch syntax, or
> maybe it was JSP 1.2.  Anywhoo, I need it.

It's <c:catch>, as in

  <c:catch var="error">
    <c:import ... />
  </c:catch>

  <c:if test="${not empty error}">
    Not there!
  </c:if>

--
Shawn Bayern
(coming in July 2002 from Manning Publications)