Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Stuart Stephen <st...@4en.com> on 2002/09/04 12:22:41 UTC

Executing Windows Scripts ?

Hi,

I doubt that there is a way to do this, but you never know. We are running
Tomcat/Apache/Win2K Server and wish to convert a Microsoft .ppt file format
into something that could be viewable on the web. The idea is that the user
uploads the file and then we do some background processes meaning that the
person can view it on the web, even if they don't have powerpoint. The best
way we can think of doing this is by using some windows scripting that
executes when they upload the file. Can we execute the scripts automatically
from tomcat or start other system processes?

Thanks,
Stuart Stephen