Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Rob Vesse <rv...@dotnetrdf.org> on 2013/12/16 12:13:30 UTC

Downloads Page on the Jena website

Some of you may have noticed from the flood of emails to the commits list
that I've been making some changes to how downloads are managed on the Jena
website.

I noticed some chatter on other project lists and JIRA about Infrastructure
cracking down on projects that were incorrectly linking directly to
dist.apache.org for their releases and while we haven't been brought to task
yet I realised that we are one of the guilty projects.

Therefore I've reworked the downloads page to use the Apache mirroring
script so /download/index.mdtext now becomes the template for the download
page and the new /download/index.cgi invokes an ASF Infra provided script
which processes that page and produces the actual download page directing
people to download via the mirrors rather than directly from dist.apache.org

One side effect of this was that I had to change any links to the download
page to explicitly reference /download/index.cgi rather than
/download/index.html or just /download/ (as otherwise the ASF servers pick
index.html) and index.html now contains broken links because you are
displaying the template which doesn't have the mirror information inserted.
If you need to link to the download page in future please ensure you
reference index.cgi rather than index.html

Rob

Re: Downloads Page on the Jena website

Posted by Rob Vesse <rv...@dotnetrdf.org>.
Yes I think I like the inline MD5 and PGP links better

I fixed the breadcrumbs.js script to ignore any query string portion in
rendering the breadcrumbs

Rob

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.