Posted to dev@marmotta.apache.org by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org> on 2013/09/20 12:51:23 UTC

[CANCELLED] [VOTE] Release Apache Marmotta 3.1.0-incubating RC1

So... we should cancel the vote for the RC1.

I already started to work on MARMOTTA-213. I plan to resolve it today,
so on Monday we could prepare a new release candidate to be vote.

Apologize for being so picky with such details.

--
Sergio Fernández

Re: [] [] Release Apache Marmotta 3.1.0-incubating RC1

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
On 23/09/13 11:11, Sebastian Schaffert wrote:
> For completeness, I also vote -1 after considering Sergio's concerns.

The vote did not arrive, at least I didn't get it.

> Sergio, how long do you expect you need for fixing MARMOTTA-213?

FMPOV the issue is solved. Although it'd be good if someone else could
check it, I think the NOTICE files are ready for being released.

Posted by Sebastian Schaffert <se...@gmail.com>.
For completeness, I also vote -1 after considering Sergio's concerns.

A problem is maybe that we are sometimes discussing things outside the list
without documenting them here. We need to improve this to involve the
community a bit more.

Sergio, how long do you expect you need for fixing MARMOTTA-213?

Greetings,

Sebastian

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
Hi Andy,

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 21/09/13 13:21, Sergio Fernández wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 21/09/13 12:56, Andy Seaborne wrote:
>> On 20/09/13 11:51, Sergio Fernández wrote:
>>> So... we should cancel the vote for the RC1.
>>
>> I think you should spell out the reasons - it's good for the community
>> to discuss the process they want to adopt as a group.
>
> My reasons for voting -1 came from the vote for the previous release.
> The thread is http://markmail.org/message/numb2eguemhwdyrx but basically
> we were too detailed in out NOTICE files, including references that do
> not need to be there.

The community needs a norm for the vote process.  If you want to adopt
"no -1"'s then fine - one -1 isn't a veto by default. I'm suggesting to
you all that it needs discussion in the community.  For any particular
vote, the release manager is going to have to make the call; they can
weight the discussion and decide what to do, based on the community norm.

	Andy

Re: [] [] Release Apache Marmotta 3.1.0-incubating RC1

Posted by Sergio Fernández <se...@salzburgresearch.at>.
Hi,

On 21/09/13 12:56, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> On 20/09/13 11:51, Sergio Fernández wrote:
>> So... we should cancel the vote for the RC1.
>
> I think you should spell out the reasons - it's good for the community
> to discuss the process they want to adopt as a group.

My reasons for voting -1 came from the vote for the previous release.
The thread is http://markmail.org/message/numb2eguemhwdyrx but basically
we were too detailed in out NOTICE files, including references that do
not need to be there.

Since the issue MARMOTTA-213 was assigned to me, I consider it my
responsibility. But I was offline during some days for personal reasons,
that's why I blocked the release candidate as planned. Apologize again
for such error.

> This may be helpful:
> http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html
>
> What I see here is a stalled vote, with currently with one against.

Exactly, stalled for a week with:

   0 +1s
   0 0s
   1 -1s

So the result was clear from my side. But you are right, we should
discuss it.

BTW, MARMOTTA-213 is not fine FMPOV, so from my side we could resume the
release process.

Cheers,

--
Sergio Fernández
Salzburg Research

Re: [] [] Release Apache Marmotta 3.1.0-incubating RC1

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 20/09/13 11:51, Sergio Fernández wrote:
> So... we should cancel the vote for the RC1.

I think you should spell out the reasons - it's good for the community
to discuss the process they want to adopt as a group.

This may be helpful:

What I see here is a stalled vote, with currently with one against.

Discuss!

	Andy