Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Stephen Sykes <st...@4js.com> on 2013/01/17 23:59:50 UTC

CloudStack fails to start System VMs on XenServer: error:

We've got Cloudstack 3.0.2 running against XenServer 6.0.2 and are failing
to get  a zone set up.  The issue is that CloudStack System VMS (console
proxy and
secondary storage VM) are not starting, and trolling the management log
shows the likely error to be that the primary storage pool in the zone
is not used (when looking for an appropriate server to run the system VM);
it is noted in the log as "StoragePool is in avoid set, skipping this pool".

The documentation on setting up CloudStack physical networks in the zone (the
specification of the public, guest, management and storage traffic) is sparse,
to say the least; we've seen some forums indicated we need to set the traffic
setting "XenServer traffic label" (CloudStack Zone Physical Network setup)
so they match the XenServer network names and have done so, but there
appears to be some magic set of rules we don't understand.

Anyone have a specific and clear set of  rules for setting the network mappings
up?

Anyone have any idea for this issue?

Thanks -

Stephen

RE: CloudStack fails to start System VMs on XenServer: error: