Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Lee Burke <lb...@aseg.com> on 2012/07/18 22:19:30 UTC

Bigcouch installation

Hello,

I have couchdb 1.0.3 running on CentOS and am trying to install Bigcouch.

I used yum to install couchdb and that supplied the dependencies for me. Now that I'm installing Bigcouch, it looks like I need newer dependencies.

I've downloaded couchdb apache-couchdb-1.2.0.tar.gz and bigcouch-0.4.0-1.el6.x86_64.rpm.

Does anyone have a step-by-step process for installing Bigcouch and couchdb and getting the correct dependencies?

Thanks.

Lee

Re: Bigcouch installation

Posted by Martin Hewitt <ma...@thenoi.se>.
Hi Lee,

I didn't install CouchDB via yum, but I did install BigCouch that way, using the instructions here: http://bigcouch.cloudant.com/use

My only bit of advice would be to set up your cluster before you start creating DBs and importing data, if you're looking to scale horizontally at least.

Martin