Posted to dev@empire-db.apache.org by Rainer Döbele <do...@esteam.de> on 2010/04/24 23:30:39 UTC

questions regarding rc3 and building the assembly

Hi Francis

again, I have a couple of questions / problems and I am probably just to stupid again to get it right.

First when I get the latest sources and I try to build the assembly using "mvn clean install -Papache-release" I get the following:
[WARNING] Removing: jar from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive invocation.
[INFO] [enforcer:enforce {execution: enforce-versions}]
[INFO] [source:jar {execution: attach-sources}]
[INFO] [javadoc:jar {execution: attach-javadocs}]
[INFO] Not executing Javadoc as the project is not a Java classpath-capable pack
age
[INFO] [gpg:sign {execution: default}]
GPG Passphrase: *

Do you know what GPG Passphrase it is asking for?

Also you say that we should add the stating repository to our Maven settings. I know I could possibly Google that, but can you tell me how to add the staging repository to my settings.xml (In know where the file is, I just need to know what exactly to add).

Finally I noticed, that in our previous release we had the apidocs in the root folder.
In rc3 they are not supplied any more.
Is it your intention not to supply the apidocs this way?

Regards
Rainer

Re: questions regarding rc3 and building the assembly

Posted by Francis De Brabandere <fr...@gmail.com>.
The thing here is that if we release an other rc version maven will
not update your local repository. So after testing you should remove
~/.m2/repository/org/apache/empire-db

Posted by Rainer Döbele <do...@esteam.de>.
Thanks Benjamin,

that was a quick answer - although I did switch off my computer afterwards and I wasn't online Sunday.

Regards
Rainer

Posted by Benjamin Venditti <be...@arcor.de>.
hi rainer,

Posted by Francis De Brabandere <fr...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 8:58 AM, Rainer Döbele <do...@esteam.de> wrote:
> Hi Francis,
>
> that's fine with me.
> Sorry that I had to bother you with that - and that I did not notice before.
> But rather now than later on the incubator PMC.

Totally agree, I'd rather have some rc release cycles here as they are
shorter...
Should have the time this evening to cut rc4

Posted by Rainer Döbele <do...@esteam.de>.
Hi Francis,

Posted by Francis De Brabandere <fr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Francis De Brabandere <fr...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 11:30 PM, Rainer Döbele <do...@esteam.de> wrote:
> Hi Francis
>
> again, I have a couple of questions / problems and I am probably just to stupid again to get it right.
>
> First when I get the latest sources and I try to build the assembly using "mvn clean install -Papache-release" I get the following:
> [WARNING] Removing: jar from forked lifecycle, to prevent recursive invocation.
> [INFO] [enforcer:enforce {execution: enforce-versions}]
> [INFO] [source:jar {execution: attach-sources}]
> [INFO] [javadoc:jar {execution: attach-javadocs}]
> [INFO] Not executing Javadoc as the project is not a Java classpath-capable pack
> age
> [INFO] [gpg:sign {execution: default}]
> GPG Passphrase: *
>
> Do you know what GPG Passphrase it is asking for?

This is for signing the release, but I don't think you need the
apache-release profile for building the distribution. There's a link
on the the 'release process' wiki page that shows you how to set this
up.

http://www.somatik.be