Posted to yarn-issues@hadoop.apache.org by "Liu, David" <li...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/26 16:12:03 UTC

Anyone know how to mock a secured hdfs for unit test?

Hi all,

I need to test my code which read data from secured hdfs, is there any library to mock secured hdfs, can minihdfscluster do the work?
Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks

RE: Anyone know how to mock a secured hdfs for unit test?

Posted by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com>.
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your great info. I would paste it in the JIRA for future reference if I or somebody else get the chance to work on it.

Regards,
Kai

Posted by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com>.
Hi Chris,

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

RE: Anyone know how to mock a secured hdfs for unit test?

Posted by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com>.
Hi Chris,

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Anyone know how to mock a secured hdfs for unit test?

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi David and Kai,

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Anyone know how to mock a secured hdfs for unit test?

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi David and Kai,

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Anyone know how to mock a secured hdfs for unit test?

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi David and Kai,

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Anyone know how to mock a secured hdfs for unit test?

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi David and Kai,

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Anyone know how to mock a secured hdfs for unit test?

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi David and Kai,

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

RE: Anyone know how to mock a secured hdfs for unit test?

Posted by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com>.
Hi David,

Posted by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com>.
Hi David,

Posted by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com>.
Hi David,

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
I'd recommending creating a Linux VM with kerberos installed; make that the
domain controller and work with it from your desktop.

This is the way to be strict -and to learn how Kerberos-managed clusters
can be used. Once you have lots of tests, a long-running VM is actually
faster than starting or stopping miniclusters per test suite, and also lets
you discover the joys of SPNEGO-authed web browsing and the like

see also
https://speakerdeck.com/stevel/secrets-of-yarn-application-development

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

RE: Anyone know how to mock a secured hdfs for unit test?

Posted by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com>.
Hi David,

Posted by "Zheng, Kai" <ka...@intel.com>.
Hi David,