Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Joe Percivall <jo...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2016/07/02 17:02:28 UTC

Re: Update on 0.7.0 RC2

Hello Team,

There have been two new critical bugs identified by Brandon DeVries and added to the 0.7.0 release. The status of the remaining 0.7.0 issues are below.

- "Enabled ControllerServices disabled on restart" NIFI-2160[1] [status] A regression due to NIFI-2032 that breaks backwards compatibility. Discussion has started between Oleg Zhurakousky and Brandon DeVries.

- "Fingerprint not detecting flow.xml differences" NIFI-2159[2] [status] Reported by Brandon. No one has started work on it. NEEDS AN ASSIGNEE

- "Secure clustering returning bad request response" NIFI-2119[3] [status] No updates, Andy LoPresto is looking into it.

Again for clarity, NIFI-1974 and NIFI-2089 are listed as 0.7.0 and unresolved but have already been merged into 0.7.0. Also due to the reasons highlighted in my previous message I will not be tracking NIFI-2120 and it is punted.

Hope everyone has a fun and safe fourth,
Joe
- - - - - -
Joseph Percivall
linkedin.com/in/Percivall
e: joepercivall@yahoo.com

On Wednesday, June 29, 2016 9:12 AM, Joe Percivall <jo...@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
Hello Team,

As most know, the closing of RC1 was due to three issues discovered by Joe Witt. A status update for each is below.

- "Secure clustering returning bad request response" NIFI-2119[1] [status] A probable source of the problem was discovered by Matt Gilman, NIFI-1753 a security upgrade. Andy LoPresto is looking into a fix.

- "source release produces an extraneous file" NIFI-2120[2] [status] I looked into how it would be done and I couldn't find any options in the maven release plugin that support excluding specific files from the release. I will be punting this, unless if someone with more experience with the maven release plugin can fix it.

- "Correct license/notice issues" NIFI-2118[3] [status] I addressed the issues identified by Joe Witt and the fix was merged by Matt Burgess.

Again I apologize for not finding this issues earlier and will keep you all up to date on any changes. Also since RC1 a commit addressing NIFI-1920[4] has been merged into the 0.x branch. I will be including it in RC2. It is a simple fix that addresses an inadvertent rollback in UnpackContent.

Thank you,
Joe
- - - - - -
Joseph Percivall
linkedin.com/in/Percivall
e: joepercivall@yahoo.com

Re: Update on 0.7.0 RC2

Posted by Oleg Zhurakousky <oz...@hortonworks.com>.
Just as an FYI, the PRs for NIFI-2160 are merged and the issue is resolved.
Hopefully https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-2192 won’t be a pain.

Oleg

On Jul 7, 2016, at 3:03 PM, Oleg Zhurakousky <oz...@hortonworks.com>> wrote:

As it appears, the spotlight is on me ;)
I’ll merge 2160 once I get to the stopping point with what I am doing now (NIFI-826 . . .really close) and that is when I’ll take care of Kafka as well (had a nice chat with Mark so there is a plan).

Cheers
Oleg

On Jul 7, 2016, at 2:33 PM, Joe Percivall <jo...@yahoo.com.invalid>> wrote:

Hello Team,

As the theme with 0.7.0 has been, it's one step forward and one step back. There has been some great work and most of the issues previously seen were addressed but another blocker has been found.

- "Enabled ControllerServices disabled on restart" NIFI-2160[1] [status] PR have been posted by Oleg Zhurakousky and Brandon DeVries gave a +1 on the ticket but ambiguous about what is the next step. I commented asking for a follow-up.

- "PutKafka results in OOME if sending very large delimited file" NIFI-2192[2] [status] New issue discovered by Mark Payne that causes OOME. Oleg Zhurakousky is working to address it.

Joe
- - - - - -
Joseph Percivall
linkedin.com/in/Percivall<http://linkedin.com/in/Percivall>
e: joepercivall@yahoo.com

Re: Update on 0.7.0 RC2

Posted by Oleg Zhurakousky <oz...@hortonworks.com>.

Re: Update on 0.7.0 RC2

Re: Update on 0.7.0 RC2

Posted by Oleg Zhurakousky <oz...@hortonworks.com>.
For a second there I thought I did but never mind that, I've just commented on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-2160, I can’t reproduce the issue no mater what I do. Will keep on digging, but what worried me is that Brandon’s original explanation seem to point to some jiggery-trickery with CS lifecycle that doesn’t seem to be reliant on public API. So I’ve asked him for more details. . .
Oleg

On Jul 5, 2016, at 9:27 AM, Oleg Zhurakousky <oz...@hortonworks.com>> wrote:

Found a bug for NIFI-2032, will be issuing PR shortly.

Oleg

Re: Update on 0.7.0 RC2

Posted by Oleg Zhurakousky <oz...@hortonworks.com>.