Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ty <ty...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/29 17:00:40 UTC

using HTTP caching with shards in Solr 4.3

Hello,

I'd like to take advantage of Solr's HTTP caching feature (httpCaching
never304="false" in solrconfig.xml)..  It is behaving as expected when I do
a standard query against a Solr instance and then repeat it: I receive an
HTTP304 (not modified) response.

However, when using the "shards" functionality, I seem to be unable to get
the HTTP304 functionality.  When sending a request to a Solr instance that
includes other Solr instances in the "shards" parameter, a GET request is
sent to the original Solr instance, but it turns around and sends POST
requests to the Solr instances referenced in "shards".  Since POST requests
cannot generate a 304, I seem to be unable to use HTTP caching with shards.

Is there a way to make the original Solr instance query the shards with a
GET method?  Or some other way I can leverage HTTP caching when using
shards?

Thanks,
Ty