Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by mauro2java2011 <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/12 10:47:13 UTC

add codi at web application

HI i would add CODI for use viewscoped and other thing of codi for
experiment.

I have read on web site of codi that it is available  the jar core  plus
other jars for jpa , for jsf , for beans validation , etc.
Then i have read that it is available a download with all together .
But the web site  of codi advice that it is possible duplicate dependencies
and get errors .

I think for example :

Into tomee it is present Bean validator .
I know that EXTval it is a extension for get validation .
So it is possible get errors if i put into web.inf/lib all jars of codi????

Please i ask the correct mode of use codi  with add manually the jars into
web-inf/lib (without maven) and also using maven .

Tank you mauro

Re: add codi at web application

Posted by mauro2java2011 <ma...@gmail.com>.
What it us the myfaces-shaded jars ?

What differences from snapshotss and version stable?

Posted by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 12:25 PM, mauro2java2011
<ma...@gmail.com>wrote:

> -----------------------------
> then i decide
> to remove CODI and replace each module doing the "old way" (like using JNDI
> for lookups my ejbs inside a @facesconverter for example, i know this can
> be done in jsf2.2 now).
> ------------------------------------
>
> Hi tank you for your response .
> 1)A ask on @FacesCOnverter .
>
> If i not use CODI but only CDI for inject the ejbs , it work ?
> Or if i not use CODI and only CDI i have to use JNSI for get the Ejb????
> 2) the @FacesCOnverter work with CDI or not?
>

> MyFaces 2.2 should do all that for you, and you don't need CODI to do that
if you're using MyFaces 2.2. I think MyFaces have MyFaces 2.2 code samples.
i think that was shared, when MyFaces 2.2 beta was released, and when
MyFaces 2.2 final was released. i think it was mentioned in the emails on
myfaces user (and dev) list.

Re: add codi at web application

Posted by José Luis Cetina <ma...@gmail.com>.
I will test in Windows 7 and let you know!!  Thanks

> I'm using Tomee 1.6 + Codi 1.0.5 + EJB + JPA (Hibernate) in Windows
> Environment (Windows 7) and i don't have this issue that José described.
> Maybe its something wrong with windows 8...
>
> @ViewAccessScoped beans are working fine and perfectly integrated with
> other techs i listed.
>
> Here is my config from pom.xml
>
>                 <dependency>
> <groupId>org.apache.myfaces.extensions.cdi.core</groupId>
> <artifactId>myfaces-extcdi-core-api</artifactId>
> <version>1.0.5</version>
> </dependency>
>
> <dependency>
> <groupId>org.apache.myfaces.extensions.cdi.core</groupId>
> <artifactId>myfaces-extcdi-core-impl</artifactId>
> <version>1.0.5</version>
> </dependency>
>
> <dependency>
> <groupId>org.apache.myfaces.extensions.cdi.modules</groupId>
> <artifactId>myfaces-extcdi-jpa1-module-api</artifactId>
> <version>1.0.5</version>
> </dependency>
>
> <dependency>
> <groupId>org.apache.myfaces.extensions.cdi.modules</groupId>
> <artifactId>myfaces-extcdi-jpa1-module-impl</artifactId>
> <version>1.0.5</version>
> </dependency>
>
> <dependency>
> <groupId>org.apache.myfaces.extensions.cdi.modules</groupId>
> <artifactId>myfaces-extcdi-jsf20-module-api</artifactId>
> <version>1.0.5</version>
> </dependency>
>
> <dependency>
> <groupId>org.apache.myfaces.extensions.cdi.modules</groupId>
> <artifactId>myfaces-extcdi-jsf20-module-impl</artifactId>
> <version>1.0.5</version>
> </dependency>
>
> <dependency>
> <groupId>org.apache.myfaces.extensions.cdi.modules</groupId>
> <artifactId>myfaces-extcdi-message-module-api</artifactId>
> <version>1.0.5</version>
> </dependency>
>
> <dependency>
> <groupId>org.apache.myfaces.extensions.cdi.modules</groupId>
> <artifactId>myfaces-extcdi-message-module-impl</artifactId>
> <version>1.0.5</version>
> </dependency>
>
> If you need some more info please let me know.
>
> Cya.

> > Wow!
> >

> > On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 10:40 AM, José Luis Cetina <maxtorzito@gmail.com
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > Hi, Mauro here is my experience with CODI and TomEE.
> > >

> > +1 thank you for this response! I knew you had a detailed story (and
> > recommendation) to tell since you have been using tomee, myfaces 2.x,
> CODI,
> > primefaces, and other Java EE 6 features. :)
> >

> > > I really dont recommend you to use CODI for now, maybe try Deltaspike
> > > later, but if you could avoid them this could be better IMHO.
> > >

> > +1 i agree 100%.
> >
> > Using tomee + myfaces 2.2 (+ omnifaces) should be sufficient and that is
> [...]

*SCJA. José Luis Cetina*

Re: add codi at web application

Posted by mauro2java2011 <ma...@gmail.com>.
tank you at all for yours response .
I will try for yours suggestions .

Re: add codi at web application

Posted by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 11:47 AM, Vinícius Moselli <
vinicius.moselli@gmail.com> wrote:

> Actually i'm using a single Webapp (War).
>
> Idk if there is something related to this...

My experience, WAR is 'guaranteed' to work (every time).

Per Jose' experience, CODI + EAR, there are challenges. :)

Re: add codi at web application

Posted by Vinícius Moselli <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by José Luis Cetina <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vinícius Moselli <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com>.
Wow!

Posted by José Luis Cetina <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Mauro here is my experience with CODI and TomEE.

I started to use it specially for 1 reason @ViewAccessScoped, then i used
@Page viewconfig module, security module, message module and the
beanmanager for retrive my ejbs instances. It help too much, i used it in
my ear project that contain 6 web apps (wars), 1 ejb layer (jar), 1 model
(jar), 1 commos-web (jar), 1 commons (jar) everything communicating with
each other.

Everything was fine... UNTIL i decided to use Windows (after that i was
using Linux) then CODI was not working as expected [1]. Romain could not
fix this because he didnt have any PC with Windows for test, then i decide
to remove CODI and replace each module doing the "old way" (like using JNDI
for lookups my ejbs inside a @facesconverter for example, i know this can
be done in jsf2.2 now).

I replaced the ViewAccessScoped to ViewScoped (omnifaces) and all the other
stuff i replaced for "manually code"...... but from those 6 webapps that i
mentioned just 1 of them i could not remove CODI because is a big size
webapp and is not and easy task, for that webapp i need to run in linux
environment for develop, for now im still deploying (server production) in
Debian but i develop in windows.

In other words i still developing in windows and linux and my production
environment is Linux.

I really dont recommend you to use CODI for now, maybe try Deltaspike
later, but if you could avoid them this could be better IMHO.

By the way.... Romain are you already have a PC for check this issue??  :)

[1]  CODI + Windows discussion:
http://openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/No-bean-found-for-type-org-apache-myfaces-extensions-cdi-jsf-api-config-JsfModuleConfig-td4666654.html

Sorry 4 my bad english.

> Codi will be replaced by DeltaSpike but basically DeltaSpike doesn't
> yet handle all codi features so use what matches your need
> Romain Manni-Bucau
> Twitter: @rmannibucau

> > Yoy Dvice to use codi ir deltaspike?
> > Il giorno 12/feb/2014 10.59, "Romain Manni-Bucau [via OpenEJB]" <
> > ml-node+s979440n4667699h44@n4.nabble.com> ha scritto:
> >
> >> Hi
> >> codi is not in tomee so you can put it in web-inf lib
> >> Romain Manni-Bucau
> >> Twitter: @rmannibucau
> >> Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/
> >> LinkedIn: http://fr.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau
> >> Github: https://github.com/rmannibucau

>  plus
> >> dependencies

> >> codi????

> >> into

> >> .
> >> NAML<
> http://openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml
> >

> > --

*SCJA. José Luis Cetina*

Re: add codi at web application

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by mauro2java2011 <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 7:53 AM, mauro2java2011 <ma...@gmail.com>wrote:

> For upgrade myfaces at 2.2  what jars i have to download ? From the downlod
> page i get :
>

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/myfaces/core/
>
> Are present many subdirectory.

those are SNAPSHOT. there has already been MyFaces 2.2 release. please
search google for apache myfaces, go to myfaces home page, myfaces 2.2
download should be there.

Karl already advised you to use api and impl JARs of myfaces 2.2 (release).

Re: add codi at web application

Posted by mauro2java2011 <ma...@gmail.com>.
For upgrade myfaces at 2.2  what jars i have to download ? From the downlod
page i get :

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/myfaces/core/

Are present many subdirectory.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.