Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Hrishikesh Alshi <hr...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/01 08:59:16 UTC

Disabling build failure for compilation failure of the test module.

I am working as a QA engineer. We are using maven for building our project.

I have developed java automation. This automation runs the integrated
testcase suit. So I can't trigger it as part of maven build (These are not
unit cases. And this automation is meant to be triggered after a lengthy
setup). If I checkin my automation code (which consumes Developer's APIs) to
the SVN. And in case if Developers happen to change the signature of the
APIs without notifying me then my code will not compile and thus the
complete build will fail.

My requirement is that automation code should always get compiled as part of
the build process (So that I can get the assembly of my automation for each
final build) but if automation code does not compile then whole build should
not fail. Is there any such setting that I can do at the POM level?

Note: I can not checkin my code to the private branch as I need equivalent
artifacts for my automation to be built for every final build.

Thanks much in advance.
- Hrishikesh Alshi