Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by David Jones <dj...@ena.com> on 2017/10/26 18:33:14 UTC

Re: Ruleset updates via nightly masscheck status

On 10/26/2017 01:09 PM, David Jones wrote:
> On 10/25/2017 06:15 AM, David Jones wrote:
>> cd /tmp
>> wget http://sa-update.ena.com/1813149.tar.gz
>> wget http://sa-update.ena.com/1813149.tar.gz.sha1
>> wget http://sa-update.ena.com/1813149.tar.gz.asc
>> sa-update -v --install 1813149.tar.gz

Last night's run also successfully put the last known good 72_scores.cf
from March into the ruleset.

Steps to manually installing last night's ruleset:

cd /tmp
wget http://sa-update.ena.com/1813258.tar.gz
wget http://sa-update.ena.com/1813258.tar.gz.sha1
wget http://sa-update.ena.com/1813258.tar.gz.asc
sa-update -v --install 1813258.tar.gz

restart spamd, MailScanner, amavisd, mimedefang, etc.

Please provide feedback in the next 48 hours -- positive or negative so
I know we are good to enable DNS updates again on Sunday.

I would like to enable DNS updates on Saturday evening (US time) so the
sa-updates would start again on Sunday.

P.S.  Merijn van den Kroonenberg is helping me look at the root of the
problem so we might be able to fix this properly in the next couple of
weeks.

--
David Jones

Re: Ruleset updates via nightly masscheck status

Posted by David Jones <dj...@ena.com>.
On 11/13/2017 02:33 PM, Tom Hendrikx wrote:

>>> The DKIM_VALID_EF rule should not be published yet as it depends on a
>>> change in a Plugin.
>>>

>> Tom, thank you for testing and providing feedback.  I didn't notice this
>> error because I had patched my DKIM.pm plugin for testing the new
>> DKIM_VALID_EF rule (intended to be used in meta rules).  I confirmed
>> what you found on my default Fedora 26 installation.
>>
>> I have fixed the rulesets, specifically 25_dkim.cf and 50_scores.cf, to
>> check for the SA version to remove this error and tested it.  Monday's
>> ruleset should have this fix after tomorrow's masscheck validates it.
>>
>> I will confirm Monday's ruleset has fixed this DKIM_VALID_EF error and
>> let sa-update start updating again via DNS on Tuesday.
>>
>> If anyone else is testing the latest rulesets from the past couple of
>> days, please provide feedback in the next 48 hours.  And thank you for
>> testing.
>
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that rule updates are still not live in DNS. Can I get an
> updated ruleset for additional testing somewhere, or are we going live?
>
> Regards,
> 	Tom

So...  Merijn has been helping me track down bugs.  I apologize for the
delay but every little tweak we make takes 1 to 3 days to test.  We make
some changes over the weekend that are showing good results.  This
morning we got rules promoted for the first time in about 4 weeks
(new/different issue) so the masscheck tonight should generate a new
ruleset.

I will check things in the morning and send out an update.  If we have a
good 72_scores.cf then I will install the latest ruleset manually on my
platforms.  If everything looks fine, I will ask for volunteers again to
do the same and check their scoring.

--
David Jones

Re: Ruleset updates via nightly masscheck status

Posted by Tom Hendrikx <to...@whyscream.net>.

Posted by David Jones <dj...@ena.com>.

--
David Jones

Re: Ruleset updates via nightly masscheck status

Posted by Merijn van den Kroonenberg <me...@web2all.nl>.

Posted by Tom Hendrikx <to...@whyscream.net>.